Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's some awesome shooting bro and a sweet shooter may ask is that .66,green what tapers band length are you using ?
Awesome shooting! Thats a sweet little frame, what type of elastic you using if I may?
Its .72 GZK green. 1in to 3/4in tapers. It has been working great in the cold.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
That's some awesome shooting bro and a sweet shooter may ask is that .66,green what tapers band length are you using ?
Awesome shooting! Thats a sweet little frame, what type of elastic you using if I may?
Its .72 GZK green. 1in to 3/4in tapers. It has been working great in the cold.
a have a small amount of the gzk .66 a have hardly tyrd it out yet its shooting well with 22 12 22 15 tapers thanks again

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey there Dogcatcher,

I didn't really have a template. I have several other slingshots that I like and I took parts from each of those and kind of blended it into what we have here... A lot of it is just what the original fork provided me too. The longer thin fork with the knot and and the angle of the handle just worked out that way because that is what the branch was doing.

I have also found out that if my forks are at 4 inches from outside of the tip to outside of the tip they are deadly accurate for my shooting style. The rest is comfort and repeat-ability. But I am shooting this one pretty well right now. If you want I can take some pics of it so you can copy the design.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hey there Dogcatcher,

I didn't really have a template. I have several other slingshots that I like and I took parts from each of those and kind of blended it into what we have here... A lot of it is just what the original fork provided me too. The longer thin fork with the knot and and the angle of the handle just worked out that way because that is what the branch was doing.

I have also found out that if my forks are at 4 inches from outside of the tip to outside of the tip they are deadly accurate for my shooting style. The rest is comfort and repeat-ability. But I am shooting this one pretty well right now. If you want I can take some pics of it so you can copy the design.
Yes please do. That design has definitely grown on me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The second pic is actually pretty close. maybe just expand it a couple of percent. I just held the slingshot up to the computer after I expanded the pic to measure 4 inches from outside of forks, it is perfect. Have fun, play around with it. I have not made a bunch of slingshots but the ones that seem to work the best all use the natural features of the wood.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The second pic is actually pretty close. maybe just expand it a couple of percent. I just held the slingshot up to the computer after I expanded the pic to measure 4 inches from outside of forks, it is perfect. Have fun, play around with it. I have not made a bunch of slingshots but the ones that seem to work the best all use the natural features of the wood.
Thanks brotha, I think I have the perfect piece of wood for this.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks brotha, I think I have the perfect piece of wood for this.

Show and tell when you are done!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.