Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to hunt with my slingshot for a long time and today my friend Evan was over so we decided to reduce the pigeon population of a local barn. Me with my new board cut and Evan with his cougar we climbed into the hay mow and started taking shots. Wasn't long until i got a hit on one and it fell to the ground. 15mins later Evan with his cougar sent one falling to the ground. Not too bad for two amateurs and about 20 lead shot.

Attached are pictures of us with our kills

first one is me, Devan and the second is Evan

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
Great shooting guys!

I have yet to come around to shooting live targets LOL! I had a rabbit pass by today and I took aim but my wife said "You must want to sleep on the couch".... I thought about this for a second and decided perhaps another day would be a better option than to wake up with a bad back. HA!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great shooting guys!

I have yet to come around to shooting live targets LOL! I had a rabbit pass by today and I took aim but my wife said "You must want to sleep on the couch".... I thought about this for a second and decided perhaps another day would be a better option than to wake up with a bad back. HA!
haha, good decision i go crazy if i sleep on the couch

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Good Job Guys!!!!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Be Careful, steel or lead shot from a good slingshot can punch holes in a tin roof. I know a friend of mine did it. -- Tex

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
Great shooting guys!

LOL - made my day!

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
Next thing were going for rabbits with some steel shot and alot of rocks:)
I would advise against using rocks for hunting mate, they just don't have the density required to provide sufficient penetration. Their varying weights and shapes also result in inconsistent trajectories, meaning you're unlikely to actually hit what you intended to hit. Good lucky though! And please post pics of what you get!

·
Registered
70 Posts
very good marksmanship.

Pigien is very nutritional.

PS, both of you are handsome and cool
thanks, devan(the blonde one) his mom wouldnt let us gut and eat them because of disease the birds might cary. but we are hopeing if we get rabbits we will deffinitly eat them
[/quote]

Chris Stanley just made this 7 Min Video of a great harvest of a Big Game animal Slingshot harvest. We are in the new age of Power Shooting for real
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Next thing were going for rabbits with some steel shot and alot of rocks:)
Try hunt rabbits with your own product...
[/quote]
Yes. Ihad my cougar because I had just got it and wanted to shoot. And Brooklyn it wasn't but I can not because there aren't pigs where we live

1 - 19 of 19 Posts