Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month I posed the question: "Does my setup suck, or is it just me?"

Learning to shoot slingshots can be challenging, even more so if your using a $10 wristrocket. MakoPat PM'd me and offered to send me a little something to reduce the learning curve. It took a few weeks to arrive, but oh man was it worth the wait!

I received a two-tone Hustler frame in HDPE with two sets of bands, tied for TTF and OTT, as well as a handful of steel ammo held in place by a magnet. I'm a really big fan of the attachment method, as it is so clean looking. The frame is low profile and easy to slip into your back pocket, so it's great for EDC. The weather and my work schedule finally cleared up enough for me to pop off some shots today, and oh baby! This thing is a dream to shoot!

I typically shoot at 20ft in my backyard at a soda can. With my wristrocket setup I was scoring 30% hits. I recently switched to a ping pong ball as my accuracy has improved, but have only managed to hit it a few times. Today I plugged that sucker 3/12 times! I was humming the William Tell song while slinging steel downrange, grinning so much it hurt. This frame (banded TTF) shoots like a laser! Big thanks to MakoPat for the sweet frame and setup, and thanks to everyone at SSF for being so awesome in helping a newbie get started in the sport.

Attachments

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice! By the way there is really nothing wrong with the wrist rocket frame. It's the tubes and pouch that suck. Put some decent tubes or flat bands on it and you might be surprised.
That's a great point! I've got nothing against them, although I do enjoy the ability to slip a frame in my backpack or pocket. I might need to invest in some quality rubber and put it through its paces again. It was a blast to shoot, just couldn't seem to get consistent shot placement.

The bands might've been too heavy too. I could pull them back, but not with ease. It probably affected my draw length and release. For now I'm sticking with anemic bands to help develop good form. We'll beef them up when I'm ready to try my hand at hunting!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Thanks for sharing. This is simply paying it forward. JR sent me a welcome package that had this frame. And like Grandpa says good flat bands make a wrist rocket into a new animal.

I introduced slinging to my closest friend and let him picknany frame he wanted... he selected my extended fork wrist rocket. Hahaha... which is funny because his arms are already wlextra long! The power is crazy with long single light flat bands.

Next year I may get a chrony just to see.

But for me my number one slingshot quality is... pocketability. My buddy just put a loop of paracord and carabiner on the frame and hooks it on his pack. Open carry! Hahaha... I like concealed carry (actually I like carrying more than one in case I get the opportunity to share).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts