Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not trying to sell anything: I make sheaths and holsters as a hobby. I thought that I'd try to wrap my brain around a slingshot holster to free up my hands while retrieving ammo from the trap. This works, but it could certainly be better. I was hoping that my fellow shooters could offer some design input.
1399ea57b94928c9c790c500f384a0f2.jpg
3046acbad71061a5a1a929360c0fb4e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
I can agree with Winnie! Secure the bands from thorns and bushes or just a possible stuck. At this stage I see no reason why the handle part is that much covered. It is easier to grab it at the handle and pull from the holster. You may also offer a two way hold. Like holding during a hike and all day and a temporary , not locked, but positioned when retrieving ammo or prey. Make sure you can use it with one hand both ways. It is an advantage if the pull is silent. Hunters may like it that way.

I know it takes more to get a detailed impression, but this goes from me at a glance.

I do like very much what you already made, but if the bands are failing that renders the slingshot useless.

Have fun! Great project and a great choice of slingshot :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you! This started as just a range hanger holster while at home, now I have a challenge to build a full outdoors brush crawler holster. Stay tuned for band protection designs . It may take me a while, but this will be a fun challenge!

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Maybe add a leather flap on top to tuck the the bands under. Kydex and leather hybrids are fun to look at...and rgecywo materials behave so differently it gives options/solutions you do not have with one material alone.

Reactions: Winnie

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'm not trying to sell anything: I make sheaths and holsters as a hobby. I thought that I'd try to wrap my brain around a slingshot holster to free up my hands while retrieving ammo from the trap. This works, but it could certainly be better. I was hoping that my fellow shooters could offer some design input.
1399ea57b94928c9c790c500f384a0f2.jpg
3046acbad71061a5a1a929360c0fb4e5.jpg

Looks amazing mate, I have a few holsters where the bands simply dangle and i think as long as you're aware they are there they tend not to snag as much and you could simply tuck them under the ranger band you have around the bottom ;) its a whole lot better anyway than my crude caveman stitched holster/pouch I've just made hahaha great job pal and I'm sure the scout fans out there will like you're design
a2e251b2bb45d90d3a4688e4b57abfc7.jpg
ef0225cc5ed6c53a20e56c76047c1206.jpg
db00335cdc77e9ff84751ef05ae85f67.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Maybe I am not the best to give input here... Because I really love UKprelude's belt pouch and Winnie Belt draw holsters!

Duke,
You're DIY skills are amazing and sound. But I have a different set of taste buds. I may be more than a tad rustic and simple. hahaha...

BUT one more suggestion is an ammo magnet(s) as a feature.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I like it. I have never worked with Kydex but could you mold the kydex to create a kind of clip for the waist of the Scout slingshot so that it would snap into place? I suppose the bands could be kept behind the slingshot when clipping it into place, thus making them less vulnerable and reducing possible rattle.This might also mean using less material and just one metal belt clip on the back.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would use the grommet holes there to create a gentle elastic strap then after slide the shooter in you can lay the bands over the front and tuck them under the strap to keep them from flopping around too much

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.