Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I get this post almost finished, I delete it because it sounds like I'm complaining. By no means do I mean to sound negative. I have not had nearly enough time to read and participate in the Forum due to life's issues. I keep my target setup ready at all times in case I get a few minutes to shoot. I remember Bill Hays telling me that he shoots in short time frames when he can. I'm glad I listened, because that's all I'm getting for now. I'm very thankful for my wife's and I good health, so we can be there for the ones that desperately need our help. I hope everyone keeps posting the fun and interesting post. Thank you all for everything.

Tag

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Actually, very interesting post...

Perhaps, like in musical instruments, the practice of shooting implements should be done in short bursts of time.

There must be some reasons for this, being the most obvious the need for keeping the hobby always new and refreshing, without getting too bored.

Regarding the tone of your thread, sounded more like a farewell post to me, rather than a complaint. I hope it isn't none of the two :D

Congratulations on your good shape (and also your wife's). In this day and age, that is something to celebrate.

Being a well-known member and a "classic" of this forum, gives you the right of disappearing once in a while :D But not too much of that, please...

Best regards ...Q

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
we all need some &me* time,on a daily basis,just to hang on to our sanity in a fast paced crazy world,thats where the slings come in ,days i shoot 10 shots and go do something else,come back later 10 more,or 5,sometimes 20 or 30 shots before something else needs done,short bursts seem to work well for instinct as well as targeted shooting and are great mind relaxers.your a good man Tag,take care of yourself and your loved ones ,just dont dissapear on us :)

·
Premium Member
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel like I should explain some of the issues.my mother-in-law is and has been dealing with cancer for years, and she just turned 88 and stills tries to do as much as she can. She lives 30 miles from us which makes it a little more inconvenient for us.We are glad to do whatever we can, any time she needs us. She has lost a lot of weight over the winter, so when I got her riding lawnmower ready for her she found out the safety switch keeps shutting off. ‍♂ I told her we could cut the wires, but she would rather not. I think she would rather see us mow it so we can visit A friend of mine has a mechanics garage, and his back is really bad, so I go there when he needs help. That’s just the way my wife and I are. We just trade helping each other instead of exchanging money. And just when you think things are getting better Whammy best friends husband had a stroke. The one thing that keeps us very busy is we take care of our 2 year old great nephew❤ Wouldn’t trade that for the world. These are facts, not complaining because I know there a lot of people out there with more issues than me. My reason for telling this is because there have people who leave the Forum and I often wonder what happened to them. I can never see myself leaving the Forum and it’s fantastic members.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Well Tag..You and I have become pretty good buds over the time that I have been here. You and your bride close to me in age, and we seem to have the same moral background. Life has a way of getting better and worse at the same time as we get older. We retire so we can enjoy our interests and each other. Then our parents fail. We get wise enough not to get upset or at least not quite as upset over other people's frailties, then then one of them dies. You get over that and another loved one shuffles off this land of tears. And you know it's going to get worse as they all age.Things happen and you feel like you got to help out where you can. But there must be a reason why you and your bride are still around and together. Enjoy your time together no matter how harried life becomes. She's your mate and best friend. Someday there will be just the two of you, and you may need a little help, try to make it as easy on the helpers as you can. They may not be as good natured as you were! LOL

Hang in there Fella, we all really really like you, in a manly sort of way of course.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.