Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really mad at all you people here. Just a few short weeks ago I decided that I wanted to get back into slingshot shooting after a very long absence. I bought a couple commercially made slingshots which I didn't really care for after I got them. Then, I discovered that there were actually forums of slingshot enthusiasts. Well, I read some stuff, then joined a couple of the forums, then a couple more at the same time I became the proud owner of a Flatband universal ergo and a Bunnybuster ergo. Then, through some trading with baumstaumm, I now have 5 of his handmade slingshots. Then some more trading and I have a Smitty slingshot and a couple of Tex Shooter slingshots. A little more trading and I have some extra band sets from Flatband. No matter where I go in my house or garage there is a slingshot, there's even one in my truck. I also have several bags of marbles stacked up in the garage. You people didn't warn me of the addictive danger of slingshots. Now, I'm an addict with no help in sight and it's all your fault. I'm even planning an 800 mile drive to shoot slingshots with other addicts. How crazy is that?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I am really mad at all you people here. Just a few short weeks ago I decided that I wanted to get back into slingshot shooting after a very long absence. I bought a couple commercially made slingshots which I didn't really care for after I got them. Then, I discovered that there were actually forums of slingshot enthusiasts. Well, I read some stuff, then joined a couple of the forums, then a couple more at the same time I became the proud owner of a Flatband universal ergo and a Bunnybuster ergo. Then, through some trading with baumstaumm, I now have 5 of his handmade slingshots. Then some more trading and I have a Smitty slingshot and a couple of Tex Shooter slingshots. A little more trading and I have some extra band sets from Flatband. No matter where I go in my house or garage there is a slingshot, there's even one in my truck. I also have several bags of marbles stacked up in the garage. You people didn't warn me of the addictive danger of slingshots. Now, I'm an addict with no help in sight and it's all your fault. I'm even planning an 800 mile drive to shoot slingshots with other addicts. How crazy is that?
hilarious.
the only way to get rid of the marbles is to shoot them; that, or throw them in front of old people as they shuffle around!
btw im still looking for a good flatband wooden shooter (i owe you one).

·
Super Moderator
6,512 Posts
Sarge, you have arrived! It's been that way with me since I was 8. I can never get enough of them.The only cure is more of them!!!!!!!!!
Flatband

·
Registered
286 Posts
I am really mad at all you people here. Just a few short weeks ago I decided that I wanted to get back into slingshot shooting after a very long absence...No matter where I go in my house or garage there is a slingshot, there's even one in my truck. I also have several bags of marbles stacked up in the garage. You people didn't warn me of the addictive danger of slingshots. Now, I'm an addict with no help in sight...
Yeah, me too. But the good news is that at least the slingshots are small. I mean, we could have started in collecting used threshing machines...?!

·
Resigned
1,152 Posts
Sarge I know what you mean. Last time I was off work (I work on a boat and can't shoot here for obvious, lawyer-inspired reasons) I shot so much that hand slap from my various slingshots killed the top layer of skin on my right hand, which proceeded to turn brown and then flake off. My hand hurt for two weeks after I came back for this hitch from the strain of repetitive shooting no telling how many shots. Once I got on the boat my hand continued to hurt because I was working/reworking several pocket natural forks so I can have one in my truck, house, pocket, and shop at all times so as to be prepared. I know what you mean when you say addiction as that is exactly what this is.

I love to shoot (former infantry and current rural-minded Southron) and own my own 20 acres in which I can do as I please. That said I respect my neighbors and don't want them to feel like they live in downtown Sarajevo. So the slingshot fills the bill quite nicely.

Good luck on the addiction and for once in my life I'm going to tell an addict that their addiction isn't really such a problem after all.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for once in my life I'm going to tell an addict that their addiction isn't really such a problem after all.
Yeah? Well, you tell that to the old indian woman that I shack up with. I've had to break the point off every knife in the house.

Fish,
I agree. I do need a hunter in my collection, but a poor old crippled up retired military enlisted puke has to barter and trade rather than pass shillings.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Sounds to me like you are quite a good haggler Sarge!
You just tell that woman-o-yorn tu take offen them shoos and get back in the kitchen where she belongs and stay away from nu-fangled machinery like wheel barrows an such! I have to tell my woman stuff like that too! I beat her up almost every morning...she gets up at least an hour after me most of the time.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Oh! By the way FISH... you need to have an outlet here in the United States...(insert hint here), then lots of us would be able to get them quicker and postage would be less. You could just ship a big box of them over here at one time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Very addictive!
Ihave quite a few as I wright this and have four more on the way in the post!

Greedy? I think not, never have enough

·
Registered
199 Posts
Very addictive!
Ihave quite a few as I wright this and have four more on the way in the post!

Greedy? I think not, never have enough
Sorry spelling is poor....

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
It is a difficult yoke of bondage to break.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts