Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rambone 2. i had a good set of pseudo tapered 2050 (with a loop of 3060).
The loop broke first (which is surprising)

So I'm replacing the loop by 2050 tubes. The loop is longer than previously and the overall power is probably higher.

They look almost perfect on my slingshot but now I always shoot to the right, a LOT to the right. I spent 2 hours trying to change the loop or to aim perfectly but that makes no sense, I was good before, now I'm utterly bad :)

Any idea what could cause that? I'm totally lost

PS: sorry no pic right now, gonna post tomorrow if you wanna see it.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
You say the over all power is probably higher. You are shooting to the right because have more power than you did with the other set.
Lower the power to bring everything back like it was or change your aiming reference point.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You say the over all power is probably higher. You are shooting to the right because have more power than you did with the other set.
Lower the power to bring everything back like it was or change your aiming reference point.
How so??

I made a new bandset of 3060 single and it's hard to pull :) but it seems more precise but I still hit to the right. ALso if I don't focus a lot, I end up shooting a bit randomly. i managed to hit more precisely but it requires focus and strength for sure
So i guess the pulling force required may harm a lot my precision. However what you said may b something else.

About changing the aiming point, what do you mean? Do you mean? do you mean changing it to have lower pull force?
Or do you mean aiming to compensate the shooting to the right? I do this for vertical shooting but for horizontal, never tried. I anchor to the ear and I pull with the right arm, so should I anchor more to the right to target more to the left?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok i think I identified the issue, the required power to pull the bands made the frame change its angle, so Ihave to hold it firm with my pinky (... that's dumb) and then I can hit correctly, but still hard

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is what the singshot looks (from first post)

And a video: Emalm video - slingshot

To be fair, I changed again my bandset, and made a very simple 1745 single one. I still had the same issue, so I simply moved the aiming point to the top of the tip and it made me hit much near the target. Also had to completely change my anchor point (while it's still the same frame, but different bandset than first post)
I'm still not good atm, it's making me crazy but I guess once I will have understood that mystery, I will be very good with any slingshot and bandset :p

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no but the reason why I took the photos is because the right side loop is "curling" a little which looks like it is smaller, but if I stretch them by 1% it's the same length. I thought it was maybe the reason why (i tried many different changes to make sure but nothing worked). I think this is irrelevant but not sure yet

Finally my problem was as follow Hitting well above my aiming reference point. Not sure why. and I will have to verify if the two bandsets I set aside can hit correctly in the end

1 - 9 of 9 Posts