Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Edit) I want to thank raventree78 for the inspiration for this project! Thanks man!

So I seen a post someone made a few weeks ago of a mod they did to their Axiom Ocularis and I just had to try it. I gotta say, Holy geez this is one of the best things I could've done! Much like the person who I pulled the inspiration I cut the ocularis holes in half and filled the the half round tips with JB weld SteelStick. The result is everything I ever wanted in an axiom ocularis. It shoots phenomenal! I have a Axiom X which you would think would pretty much be the same thing but this thing feels completely different for some reason. Would 100% recommend this mod! I'm sorry I can't remember who I seen do this originally or I would tag you! Sorry!! ❤❤❤
Sleeve Font Gadget Wood Audio equipment

It took me one shot to see where my elevation was (shooting butterfly) and the next 5 I put through the bull. I even took 2 shots at the 9 for the hell of it.
Automotive tire Wood Font Rim Wheel

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, I like that thing you did! I would have kept mine if I thought of that mod.
I'm seriously considering buying another one to do it to. I wasn't as careful sanding the putty because I wasn't sure how it wad going to turn out so you can see the transition from putty to original frame slightly. I'll be much more meticulous with the next one!

· Neophyte
2,317 Posts
Nice work! I do believe you are referencing a post I made :) I need to paint my filler, it is still in the white lol. But I completely agree with you about the improvement in function and ease of shooting the flat top mod makes :)

· Registered
100 Posts
Thanks again Raventree78 and ForkSupport.. Started my Ocularis mod yesterday with 'Gorilla Epoxy'. Filled in holes. Set and cure for 24 hr. Cut accross the top of each fork at the top edge of the middle aiming indent. Sanded and Filed to Shape. Filing All-round Tie Grooves....shoots accurately. About 3.75" outside fork width. Probably paint with super glue then with enamel paint. So far so good! I like my Green AxOc the way it is.

Tool Wood Metalworking hand tool Hand tool Art

· Registered
100 Posts
Thought I'd put a pic of my mod now its done. Had a few shots to test the paint. Found the enamel black was coming off where the band tie and latex are on the fork tip - need to work on my dry-time patience so I left the sling tips with the marks to remind me about patience.

Seeing now if some CA/super glue will add a protective coat / maybe strengthen the mod. Thanks to previous forum posts I ceased the 'brush on method' [!?!] and the CA application is with paper...just a layer or 2 at the time of this pic. Will do a whole tube or three and see from there. Will finish with Green Paracord.

Tool Bicycle part Household hardware Auto part Metalworking hand tool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts