Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cuzzin dropped me off this oversized (a bit of an understatement) maple fork so I can make a display for my front yard.
The one thing I really love about my First Nations community is how everyone is always looking out for one another. A lot of people complain about "rez life", but I think it's only as bad as you make it. Be happy for what you have and make the best of it.

MW
7df49b691747179ba9eb733e83c75b3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Awesome buddy! You won鈥檛 believe how pretty that crotch wood is. You just gotta dig it out. All I鈥檓 picking is those bigguns from now on. Happy whittling my friend

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome buddy! You won't believe how pretty that crotch wood is. You just gotta dig it out. All I'm picking is those bigguns from now on. Happy whittling my friend
Man that's beautiful...I wont be doing that with this one, cause its gonna be a display...but i will be getting him to get me more this size so i can cut one out of the crotch...

Registered
My cuzzin dropped me off this oversized (a bit of an understatement) maple fork so I can make a display for my front yard.
The one thing I really love about my First Nations community is how everyone is always looking out for one another. A lot of people complain about "rez life", but I think it's only as bad as you make it. Be happy for what you have and make the best of it.

MW
7df49b691747179ba9eb733e83c75b3b.jpg

Like I always say, ya can't beat a natty. Lol!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool! Make sure you stress test it before shooting it! :naughty:
Lol...clamp it down and put two straps on the fork tips and hook it up to my car...lol...my father said I should get some billiard balls for ammo...lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Little EDC natty I'm envisioning that will come out... LOL!! :D
I dare you, sir: Band it as it is and shoot an appropriate sized ammo from it :naughty:
Cheers ...Q
Lol...yeah my dad said to buy some billiard balls for ammo

Reactions: hoggy

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its going to be sweet i am sure B) what have u got in mind for a frame style ?
I'm probably just gonna keep it simple...strip the bark, sand it, oil it, and anchor it....
It is just gonna be used as a novelty display...something to grab attention...
When I first got it I thought of carving it like a totem pole...but, then I thought, all that work, and it could end up being vandalized by the restless kids in my community...so making it basic is probably what I will do...
Although, Joe really got me wanting to cut into it, tbh...lol

Registered
its going to be sweet i am sure B) what have u got in mind for a frame style ?
I'm probably just gonna keep it simple...strip the bark, sand it, oil it, and anchor it....
It is just gonna be used as a novelty display...something to grab attention...
When I first got it I thought of carving it like a totem pole...but, then I thought, all that work, and it could end up being vandalized by the restless kids in my community...so making it basic is probably what I will do...
Although, Joe really got me wanting to cut into it, tbh...lol

Do it!!!!!!!!! You can use my chain saw

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.