Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey mates,

I had a really good turn out with my celebratory sling give away. I had 23 people submit in, which means there is at least some interest in my craft(makes me feel validated lol). So what I ended up doing was assigning each member who was in a random # (1-23) and then used a random number generator to determine the 5 numbers (I was going to do an old fashion bowl draw, but my hands hurt a little to much from the floor replacement job i'm doing in the kitchen to write it all out lol). So with that out of the way lets congratulate these 5 fine shooters!

1. Devils son in law
  2. MattWalt
  3. cpu_melt_down
  4. Port Boy
  5. Jazz

:thumbsup: As I said previously, I wanted to due this as a way to celebrate my "graduation", if you will, on the forum and give back to the kind people I have met thus far. It also helps me out by giving me a challenge in designs that I wouldn't normally do myself and helps me practice my 3D modeling. I hope I can make something that everyone would be proud to own and shoot and that the slings meet your expectations.

For those who entered and didn't win, I appreciate the interest in this and maybe I can do something similar in the future (maybe a monthly giveaway/competition). I didn't expect to have a big turn out like I had and hope to you guys had a good time anyway. If you still want a sling made, maybe we can work something out. I am always open for questions.

For those who did win. I have all the information I need and will get started in my free time. I can typically get a sling designed in a day, add another day for making and testing and another day to kink things out, so I hope you guys can be a little patient as it may take two or so weeks before progress is made. Feel free to ask questions and keep an eye out on your mailbox as I will hopefully have renders ready here in the next week or two. if you guys could also send me a PM, that way I have a easy and reliable way to get ahold of you. :woot:

I appreciate all of the interest and appreciate the help I received in the community and am glad to be surrounded with good company. I hope to hear form you guys soon!

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Why thank you Jacoza! I can't wait to try out one of your builds!

More important, THANK YOU for your generosity and your giveaway!! This place blows me away with all of it's great members!!

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Congratulations, winners and Jacosa!

Thanks, Jacosa.

Very kind of you and we all get to see your 3D wizardry.

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
409 Posts
Jacoza flawlessly brought my sharks tooth design to life as part of his give-a-way.

https://slingshotforum.com/topic/116484-last-chance-to-enter-for-your-chance-to-win-a-slingshot/#entry1306222

It started with a sketch I made.

He turned that into a rendering and had a question about the hand strap.

Game controller Tool Font Terrestrial plant Plastic

I explained I envisioned a hole top and bottom for a screw.

Handwriting Gesture Font Parallel Rectangle

This led to the first 3D printing.

Wood Ruler Material property Office ruler Tool
Wood Font Trigger Symbol Carmine
Finger Gesture Thumb Art Nail

He was surprised by the size and asked me to confirm the dimensions. He felt the palm swell was a bit small and increased it from 6mm to 8mm in the final print.

Green Yellow Asphalt Grass Electric blue

He even added a cool shark logo!

Green Finger Tree Tints and shades Electric blue

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Here are some pics of it banded up and showing how I hold it.

Grass Font Garden tool Natural material Plant

Reptile Grass Scaled reptile Serpent Terrestrial animal

Organism Finger Thumb Nail Grass

Body jewelry Grass Wrist Thumb Jewellery

Finger Grass Thumb Terrestrial plant Nail

Gesture Finger Plant Toy Grass

Gesture Thumb Finger Nail Grass

Thanks so much for the give-a-way Jacoza!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Jacoza flawlessly brought my sharks tooth design to life as part of his give-a-way.

https://slingshotforum.com/topic/116484-last-chance-to-enter-for-your-chance-to-win-a-slingshot/#entry1306222

It started with a sketch I made.

He turned that into a rendering and had a question about the hand strap.

attachicon.gif
msg-40070-0-20978600-1556727076.png

I explained I envisioned a hole top and bottom for a screw.

attachicon.gif
msg-27041-0-38198700-1556753493.jpg

This led to the first 3D printing.

attachicon.gif
msg-40070-0-18989300-1556814474.jpg
attachicon.gif
msg-40070-0-56905300-1556814805.jpg
attachicon.gif
msg-40070-0-87248400-1556814528.jpg

He was surprised by the size and asked me to confirm the dimensions. He felt the palm swell was a bit small and increased it from 6mm to 8mm in the final print.

attachicon.gif
msg-40070-0-50864700-1557635471.jpg

He even added a cool shark logo!

attachicon.gif
msg-40070-0-09355300-1557635461.jpg
Really like this one :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts