Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not deleting messages from Personal Messenger, but they seem to delete themselves.

I have 4 questions:

1. Do other people have this problem?

2. Will the messages stay safely in the Deleted Folder, or will they automatically self-erase after a given period? I do not want to lose these messages.

3. What am I doing wrong, so that the messages self-delete?

4. How can I Restore the Deleted messages?

Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
11,494 Posts
I’m having Personal Messages problems also.im not receiving them. Hope this can be repaired

·
Registered
539 Posts
If the other person you're messaging deletes the conversation - I think it deletes your end as well. Not 100% sure though.
^This would make sense, or at least 50% of sense. It looks to me like messenger handles messages much like if they were a private thread. Stands to reason then if someone deleted the thread..... *shrug* Then again what do I know about anything?

What I've noticed is that I get random email alerts saying I have a PM when, in fact, I don't. It is an alert for some old message I got a long time ago. Not sure whether some of them had been deleted as well....

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
I did get the same a while ago actually (quite a few in fact). Email - check - and nothing new. Actually had one of those last week. Unless Slingnerd deleted the mail before I got to read it...

Darn Phantom Mail...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts