Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday, when I was shooting my Dankung Cougar that I had bought a week ago, I hit my thumb with a marble! I have never had a fork hit on this slingshot (I was holding it in the finger hook, thumb brace side shooting style) and was consistently accurate with it. Yesterday was the first time I used single bands in a LONG time but I doubt that it was the cause..... Anyways, on the ninth hit or so, I felt intense pain and nearly dropped my slingshot. Thank GOODNESS I was using weak target bands and a marble! Also, if it had hit any lower, it would've been a lot worse. The damage is minor but it hurts like ****! Do you guys have any tips as how to avoid this again? Don't mention gloves because I'm gonna wear them from now on lol!

Oh, here's a picture:
FILE334.JPG

Attachments

·
See The Target
21,442 Posts
A different slingshot maybe. I've never done this in my entire life. Or exam every possibility of form , hold and release. Video yourself and have someone else review all shooting factors. You can also post this video for members to review. There is a post where you can post it or post it in here. In the meantime you can also review past post on related topics. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
well first ,, get yourself the smallest drill bit,, and drill a hole in that nail to release the pressure... don:t use a drill, just turn the bit with your fingers....
Knowing that your suggestion is the right thing to do does not stop me squeeming at the thought

get well soon Draco

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well first ,, get yourself the smallest drill bit,, and drill a hole in that nail to release the pressure... don:t use a drill, just turn the bit with your fingers....

LGD
By release the pressure, do you mean let out all of the blood that has collected under the nail? I'd imagine it's be pretty painful to drill a hole in my nail.....

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
No drilling!!!
Heat a sewing needle RED -HOT and then lightly touch the tip to the wounded area,( Yeah, I thought my mom was nuts when she suggested this) The hole will appear and relieve pressure. Remember that the nail is same stuff as hair.... when you touch the needle to nail(lightly) the hot needle will burn hole. Don't shove it in there, just barely touch it. Works like a dream
-Honestly....completely pain free

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
No drilling!!!
Heat a sewing needle RED -HOT and then lightly touch the tip to the wounded area,( Yeah, I thought my mom was nuts when she suggested this) The hole will appear and relieve pressure. Remember that the nail is same stuff as hair.... when you touch the needle to nail(lightly) the hot needle will burn hole. Don't shove it in there, just barely touch it. Works like a dream

·
"Mighty Can Smiter"
4,302 Posts
No drilling!!!
a drill bit is pain free.. you are turning slowly and yes its to release the blood... My father has done it many times, I have done it many times, in fact if I had a camera ready I can show you the hole in my nail now
..... MJ here as done it recently as well..... Not saying that you have to use this method,, and if a hot needle works great
.... I am not pushing anything I just don,t think the opposition of my suggestion is necessary to be punctuated with 3 explimation points

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Sorry for the exclamation points.... that was a "personal experience" reaction! I must have done the drill bit wrong, cuz it hurt like a @#@[email protected]$$ . Hot needle worked for me! and was very quick.
Hey, maybe he can smash his OTHER thumb and then give us a side by side review of our two methods? And do a tutorial at the same time!
j/k Draco.... i feel for ya... that is not a fun thing

·
"Mighty Can Smiter"
4,302 Posts
Sorry for the exclamation points.... that was a "personal experience" reaction! I must have done the drill bit wrong, cuz it hurt like a @#@[email protected]$$ . Hot needle worked for me! and was very quick.
Hey, maybe he can smash his OTHER thumb and then give us a side by side review of our two methods? And do a tutorial at the same time!
j/k Draco.... i feel for ya... that is not a fun thing
No biggy
... I do like your idea for draco to try it on both thumbs though
.. I am sort of kidding too

I promise, if I ever hurt one of my digits , I will try the hot needle, I am open minded

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol, thanks guys. I'll wait a bit for the pain/numbness to go away and then do a random pick between a hot needle or drill bit (or both). Then, I'll post to show the results!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I learned not to watch youtube videos of the needle method while eating spaghetti for lunch. Well, actually the "related" videos off to the side are the ones that will get ya!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts