Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an example of my favorite kind of rocks to shoot. Alot of the guys at the ECST seemed to think these are too big but I like the way the heavy ones fly. To me, gum rubber like I have on this fork (my fav rock shooter) is the best way to power these big stones.
How do you rock out?
Wood Natural material Flooring Wood stain Hardwood

Attachments

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
Here's my rig- chains setup ATT or tabbed, nice big rockstar pouch from ray and some river stones I gathered. My favorite stone is ferrous, It sticks to my magnet, and flies straight as an arrow. Most of mine are roundish or oval. The big pouch is a must for shooting stones.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Here's my rig- chains setup ATT or tabbed, nice big rockstar pouch from ray and some river stones I gathered. My favorite stone is ferrous, It sticks to my magnet, and flies straight as an arrow. Most of mine are roundish or oval. The big pouch is a must for shooting stones.
I like that name Rockstar Pouch

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
I like that name Rockstar Pouch
[/quote]
Where's your rig, Ray!?!?!?

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good rocks like that are hard to find around here. I usually have to pick them out of landscaping. Needless to say most of the good ones are gone from the wife's flowerbed.

·
i don't argue
549 Posts
with wide and longer pouch like nico's you would not need to limit yourself to only good rocks. Any rocks that are not flat works well for me.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
with wide and longer pouch like nico's you would not need to limit yourself to only good rocks. Any rocks that are not flat works well for me.
I went ahead and made a "football pouch" (shaped like an American football, that is) that is the same length as the Trumark but an inch wider at it's widest point. It did seem to cut down on fliers from the really oddly shaped rocks and made pouch placement not as critical.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts