Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my humble collection, so far...all inexpensive guns...but they do exactly what I need them to do.
(Not present: my vintage Baikal springer that's in the middle of restoration)
33d467bad9d3772325536db3ec1d2420.jpg
8d2a600ab581b7529e15b3b86065e9ab.jpg
d312ae3159136a862076d322aeb9162a.jpg
a5c48860f6c31bb4c2523022cbb4e529.jpg
d0e4599434f17880a2a35606e00072af.jpg

Sent from my B3-A40 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Airguns are unbelievably fun for sure.

Those scoped crossmans at the bottom are PCP or CO2?
1322 Multi-pump pneumatics (.22) both have flat top pistons and valves so they are pushing lead pretty fast....they are my favorite small game hunters...tack drivers

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's not exactly a humble collection. lol
You've got enough there to have a good time though
Thanks Joe....It seems small compared to a lot of my friends collections...lol....I know guys that own 30+ airguns and most are quite pricey....I guess I'm just used to feeling like I have to defend my limited and cheap collection...lol

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been looking to build a Crossman pumper for a while. They're no0t that easy to come by here - and costly if you do.

I'm glad to have my Air rifle back - keen to get it restored - but she shoots well.
Yeah...it's quite pricey in Canada to build a 1322 carbine too....especially if you want brass parts, which are imported from the UK from GMAC....lol...thats why you don't see any brass on mine....

Reactions: hoggy

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been looking to build a Crossman pumper for a while. They're no0t that easy to come by here - and costly if you do.

I'm glad to have my Air rifle back - keen to get it restored - but she shoots well.
What kinda air rifle do you have?

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
I have a Diana (Milbro) G27 in .177 - I leant it to my father-in-law and received it back in rough shape. I need to really get the iron sights replaced and cylinder, barrel has some bad surface rust as well - but its close in cost to buying a new gun so not bothered. I came by in a bit of an odd way - and she was far from perfect when I did. Definitely had some crude repairs over the years.

Think I told you about GMac :) - They're seriously cool. Was going to build up a tricked out Crossman pistol using their parts. But a base gun here is in the region of $150 US...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The scope on the Red Ryder made me smile . :)

I have used the Red Ryder with a mod stock and no sights for an instinctive rifle trainer .
Yeah....they are extremely accurate with stock sights out to about 10 yards...anything past that becomes completely instinctive, so a scope made absolutely no sense....which is why I put one on...lol....everyone thinks it's cute..
I was waiting fo someone to mention it...heheheh

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a Diana (Milbro) G27 in .177 - I leant it to my father-in-law and received it back in rough shape. I need to really get the iron sights replaced and cylinder, barrel has some bad surface rust as well - but its close in cost to buying a new gun so not bothered. I came by in a bit of an odd way - and she was far from perfect when I did. Definitely had some crude repairs over the years.

Think I told you about GMac :) - They're seriously cool. Was going to build up a tricked out Crossman pistol using their parts. But a base gun here is in the region of $150 US...
Id love to have a Diana....they are amazing...especially the vintage ones...

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts

Id love to have a Diana....they are amazing...especially the vintage ones...

Its one of the British (Think actually manufactured in Scotland) made ones though after Diana was taken away after WW2. Its still very well made. I had a Diana Model 7 pistol which was amazing.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yes, airguns are great: powerful enough to nail things or to hunt with (air rifles), super accurate, cheap to shoot, and involve simple maintenance. I have a few of the extremely well-made Weihrauch pellet air rifles (known as "Beeman" in North America).

Here a useful link for the Weihrauch airguns, if ever:

https://www.weihrauch-sport.de/?lang=en

The huge advantage is that (at least in most of Europe), you can shoot these in your back yard, providing you make sure everything is safe.

Mikmaq, one air pistol that I would definitely recommend, if the Canadian laws allow you to have it, is the Weihrauch HW 45 (Beeman P-1), which sends .177 lead pellets flying at roughly 560 fps i.e. good enough for squirrel hunting up to 10-15 yards. Here is a review I made of my 20-year old P-1, not cheap, but solidly engineered (like everything that comes from Germany):

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, airguns are great: powerful enough to nail things or to hunt with (air rifles), super accurate, cheap to shoot, and involve simple maintenance. I have a few of the extremely well-made Weihrauch pellet air rifles (known as "Beeman" in North America).

Here a useful link for the Weihrauch airguns, if ever:

https://www.weihrauch-sport.de/?lang=en

The huge advantage is that (at least in most of Europe), you can shoot these in your back yard, providing you make sure everything is safe.

Mikmaq, one air pistol that I would definitely recommend, if the Canadian laws allow you to have it, is the Weihrauch HW 45 (Beeman P-1), which sends .177 lead pellets flying at roughly 560 fps i.e. good enough for squirrel hunting up to 10-15 yards. Here is a review I made of my 20-year old P-1, not cheap, but solidly engineered (like everything that comes from Germany):

I was actually considering getting a P-1....a buddy has one and uses it to hunt squirrels when he's camping or fishing....I'd just end up using it for plinking....unless I'm out on a hike on a cold winter day....I think I just talked myself into getting one...lol

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a 2240 1317 and a 22 PCP rifle love shooting them also but my slingshots are a lot more consolable.
Yeah....I get more therapy from my slingshots....if it wasn't for our cold winters here in Canada, I probably wouldn't even own an airgun, TBH

1 - 20 of 21 Posts