Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I probably shouldn't try this but Mojave Mo's post was the final motivation. I have bought things using paypal no problem but have never sold and received funds back to me that way. Now that paypal has made that possible without tying a bank account to you paypal account I need to give it a try. Being very un-tech ,I don't sell much on line but would like to go through the motions to get familiar with the process and the folks here seem to be of pretty good nature if I screw everything up. I guarantee no one will be out a cent although I can screw up an easy task on the computer. I think I have what seems simple figured out and need a couple of test subjects. Proceeds will go to Alfred's(Ward) email in my attempt to do that transfer as well. Climbing the ladder one step at a time , let's keep it in the ConUSA please.

SO: I've put together two boxes of frames I have made , nothing spectacular but all functional and will be sending them tyd for $15 each which should cover paypal fees and shipping.
Box 1 has a tiny turtle , a bug , a Coyote in HDPE that HDF gifted me earlier this year , a PF in walnut and maple and a walnut Recuas.
Box 2 has a ply torque like frame , a ply Recuas , a ply mule , a bug in walnut and a Goblet oak board cut with walnut scales.
I need some room and have dozens left so I just pulled these off the board and put them in the boxes. They have been shot and are utilitarian frames but I don't want to try to sell them individually and hate to just throw them away. Planning on doing some giveaway threads down the road.
So if you are interested send me a pm . Thanks ,
Table Product Wood Wood stain Flooring
Brown Wood Art Wood stain Material property
Wood Material property Gas Shipping box Font
Wood Flooring Art Floor Wood stain
John

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I call that a bug , kind of an off shoot hybrid from Joey Lujan's LBS design but not as refined and made from wood scraps that I had laying around from my time as a finish carpenter. I have a couple but they're contoured for RHH. I have used all my material up and haven't been making any frames for a while so there are none really available at this point. Check Joey's site , he may have a LBS available.

www.j5slingshots.com

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
SO: I've put together two boxes of frames I have made , nothing spectacular but all functional and will be sending them tyd for $15 each which should cover paypal fees and shipping.
Box 1 has a tiny turtle , a bug , a Coyote in HDPE that HDF gifted me earlier this year , a PF in walnut and maple and a walnut Recuas.
Box 2 has a ply torque like frame , a ply Recuas , a ply mule , a bug in walnut and a Goblet oak board cut with walnut scales.
I need some room and have dozens left so I just pulled these off the board and put them in the boxes. They have been shot and are utilitarian frames but I don't want to try to sell them individually and hate to just throw them away. Planning on doing some giveaway threads down the road.
So if you are interested send me a pm . Thanks , John

Those are some really nice looking frames you're making!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
@cromag- Hey John now that you know how PayPal works would you be willing to send me a sample of bsb white? I overheard you talking to someone on the sister site about it and would really like to try it out if you have any more left to offer. Also, I think this whole thing you’ve done here was pretty good on you. Ya learned a new skill and it went to a good cause. Just my 2¢. And I’m not just saying that because I want the bsb. 😝

1 - 20 of 28 Posts