Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

SLING-N-SHOT
Good looking fork brother.

IMHO, I have found the longer the forks are, the more torque and strain on the wrist created ?
I personally would probably shorten those a bit.
A lanyard also helps to reduce a lot of the fork torque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice looking fork. What kind of wood is it? Is it dry or green? I am with those who suggested cutting it down, I think it will be a better shooter.

GP
Not sure of the wood type,the bark was rotted so it left the wood dark.Thanks everyone for the advice,I was thinking about trimming the forks a bit.

Registered
Nice looking fork. What kind of wood is it? Is it dry or green? I am with those who suggested cutting it down, I think it will be a better shooter.
GP
Not sure of the wood type,the bark was rotted so it left the wood dark.Thanks everyone for the advice,I was thinking about trimming the forks a bit.
If you can take a close up pic or two, I might be able to I.D. it for you. ( Maybe)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GP
If you can take a close up pic or two, I might be able to I.D. it for you. ( Maybe)
It was in a stand of cotton woods(my favorite tree by the way)and is light weight.

Registered
GP
It was in a stand of cotton woods(my favorite tree by the way)and is light weight.
Take a pic of the end grain when your working on it. Sometimes that's all that's needed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.