Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey mates, so my garage is infested with carpenter bees and I have been fighting them off for several years. I made a make shift nest using some 4x4's and it is working really **** well, although I still see a few creeping to my garage (treating the holes with seven dust works like a champ before puttying over if you have similar issues). Any way, I was out practicing and seen a few of them entangled in a fight by my garage. I knew that they were probably looking to make a new nest and I will have to treat the garage again, but as one was flying away, I decided to take a shot, which was about 5 m from my location if I had to guess, and all of a sudden, I saw the bee "bounce" in the air and landed lifeless close to my fence, right in half! I couldn't beelieve what I just did. As to date, it has been my best shot. So, what "trick" shots have you guys done? which was your favorite?

I included an one-of-a-kind, original art piece describing my amazing shot for those who wish to visualize my marksmanship.

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,126 Posts
Dude I used to shoot carpenter bees all the time about 20 years ago. Young reflexes and eyes. Ofcourse I was using pellet guns to do it.

Nice shooting man, it has to be exponentially harder with a slingshot. :)

My best trick shot with a slingshot was when I got back into them and hit a can at 10 feet 3 times in a row in front of my nephew. The whole time I was just telling him "I am not this good, I don't know how I am hitting these shots." Good times:)

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
I like your map of the kill zone. I am always trying to pull off a 'stunt shot' when I get a witness. The hardest part for me is remaining cool as if I pull off super shots all the time! I hit a handicap sign with a marble and a frameless rig that is about 50 yards out yesterday. I've tried that shot about 20 times, but I didn't tell the witness that! Keep shooting!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
I have done more than my fair share... but the most memorable ones (for me) are the firsts...

Like when I wasn't sure it could be done so I tried that first card cut with a slingshot so long ago and so common now:

Then I thought it might be cool to try it with no clamp, a suspended card cut:

Then... a couple days later I upped it to a 135' suspended card cut in high wind... actually clipped the card on the first shot and then missed my a little... then, right through the center... One of those weird Zen moments in shooting when IT simply happens.

Then, after experimenting and shooting more and more... it was on to lighting matches until ultimately I was able to get one to light on camera from a little over 100' away.... it took several takes before I could get it done, but the end result proves that with a little skill and a lot of determination the slingshot is totally capable of performing some incredible feats!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Great shooting that's pretty rad haha.

A few years back we had a real problem with chipmunks at my father's farm so it pretty much became shoot on sight. One day I was out back working in the yard and about 20 ft away, on the other side of the chain link fence that went around our garden - sat a chipmunk on our compost bin working on a bit of food. I had my deadwood natty set up with natural latex and shooting oval sinkers - it was plenty for rabbits. I had to thread the shot through the fence and it landed square in the centre of his chest, knocking him back about a foot. He was only about 6 inches from the opening on the opposite side so the shot wasn't inherently difficult, but staying calm enough to tag him through that gap before he took off felt awesome. I've done this with air rifles on rabbits on 2 other occasions but that wasn't nearly as satisfying as pulling it off with a slingshot.

Happy slinging!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
173 Posts
Great shooting that's pretty rad haha.

A few years back we had a real problem with chipmunks at my father's farm so it pretty much became shoot on sight. One day I was out back working in the yard and about 20 ft away, on the other side of the chain link fence that went around our garden - sat a chipmunk on our compost bin working on a bit of food. I had my deadwood natty set up with natural latex and shooting oval sinkers - it was plenty for rabbits. I had to thread the shot through the fence and it landed square in the centre of his chest, knocking him back about a foot. He was only about 6 inches from the opening on the opposite side so the shot wasn't inherently difficult, but staying calm enough to tag him through that gap before he took off felt awesome. I've done this with air rifles on rabbits on 2 other occasions but that wasn't nearly as satisfying as pulling it off with a slingshot.

Happy slinging!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
~ and, I think it is fair to say, in the name of sportsmanship; - Doing it with a slingshot is a lot more decent than with a gun - for me anyway :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have done more than my fair share... but the most memorable ones (for me) are the firsts...

Like when I wasn't sure it could be done so I tried that first card cut with a slingshot so long ago and so common now:

Then I thought it might be cool to try it with no clamp, a suspended card cut:

Then... a couple days later I upped it to a 135' suspended card cut in high wind... actually clipped the card on the first shot and then missed my a little... then, right through the center... One of those weird Zen moments in shooting when IT simply happens.

Then, after experimenting and shooting more and more... it was on to lighting matches until ultimately I was able to get one to light on camera from a little over 100' away.... it took several takes before I could get it done, but the end result proves that with a little skill and a lot of determination the slingshot is totally capable of performing some incredible feats!

I hope I can set a trend one day, real impressive shooting and a great collection of go to vids to show people the accuracy you can get with a sling.

·
Registered
205 Posts
A few days ago a friend bet me I couldn't hit the head of a fuzzy dandelion from about fifteen yards and the first shot went two inches low and cut the stem. And of course this was right after switching to a new style of pouch and shortening the active length of the tubes so the rest of my shots at the other dandelions were a couple inches off

1 - 15 of 15 Posts