Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,563 Posts
You're not addicted until you acquire, in general terms, a terminal condition known as "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" , and more specifically "Slingshot Acquisition Syndrome"

I know about such maladies: 5 ukuleles, 4 guitars, 2 violins, 10 pennywhistle/tinwhistle/Irish whistles, about a dozen harmonicas (Blues harps), 6 archery bows, 400 cc of motorcycle engine displacement,

a knife collection, things that go "bang", about two dozen slingshots (lost count) and 2 ex-wives. Not to mention many books on each of my varied interests, many not even already listed here.

Here's your chance to escape before it's too late. Beware!

THWACK!

Did I mention that I've a Wasp (brand name) Stinger (model name) slingshot on the way to me from across the big pond that starts with the upper case "A"?

It never ends, bro', it never ends!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're not addicted until you acquire, in general terms, a terminal condition known as "Gear Acquisition Syndrome" , and more specifically "Slingshot Acquisition Syndrome"

I know about such maladies: 5 ukuleles, 4 guitars, 2 violins, 10 pennywhistle/tinwhistle/Irish whistles, about a dozen harmonicas (Blues harps), 6 archery bows, 400 cc of motorcycle engine displacement,
a knife collection, things that go "bang", about two dozen slingshots (lost count) and 2 ex-wives. Not to mention many books on each of my varied interests, many not even already listed here.

THWACK!

Did I mention that I've a Wasp (brand name) Stinger (model name) slingshot on the way to me from across the big pond that starts with the upper case "A"?

Oh I definitely understand the knife collection, as the grandson of a pro knife maker and a hobby knife maker myself I have more sharp and pointy objects than I can count. 5 or 6 of them i haven't even finished yet . Not to mention the three slingshots I have made for myself and my Axiom just came in the mail today.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
962 Posts
Big smiles over here. I don't even show new slingshots I've made to friends and family. If they notice it I just tell them I've had it a while. No one believes me though. When we walk/hike in the woods its not uncommon for me to carry a small saw just in case. Or come back with one or two for future projects because I know there will be much more projects. I have a box of sticks in my studio.

·
2,563 Posts

THWACK!

Oh I definitely understand the knife collection, as the grandson of a pro knife maker and a hobby knife maker myself I have more sharp and pointy objects than I can count. 5 or 6 of them i haven't even finished yet . Not to mention the three slingshots I have made for myself and my Axiom just came in the mail today.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
To my great surprise, when I took an inventory a few months ago, I realized that I must've become the Chief of the Mora tribe, for I counted a dozen of them!

THWACK!

·
2,563 Posts
We are all addicted to something... At least this is healthy...ish
I was once addicted to pole dancers, but rehab saved me...

THWACK

·
2,563 Posts
Hang on my friend. It only gets funner.
Soon it will be like "which 5 do I shoot today "?
And, as you're shooting some, you realize that you put the bands on wrong, and while enjoying a cup of coffee, re-band them...

No problem to correct some previous DUH! moments, it's part of the enjoyment of the hobby.

THWACK!

Reactions: SLING-N-SHOT
1 - 12 of 12 Posts