Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to gain as much knowledge as I can on this Covid. I have lost a couple friends and have one more in the hospital, on a ventilator. If anyone has had covid, what were your instructions on taking care of yourself after you have Ben sent home.

·
Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
941 Posts
I’m trying to gain as much knowledge as I can on this Covid. I have lost a couple friends and have one more in the hospital, on a ventilator. If anyone has had covid, what were your instructions on taking care of yourself after you have Ben sent home.
The highwire with Del Bigtree

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friends. I have lost a few and had a few others hit and recovered. Thankfully those who recovered got fully better- I don't know anyone with serious long-c, doesn't sound like that is any fun. I haven't been sick myself so I don't have any direct advice, just sympathy for you and yours. Hope you stay well and your friends recover well.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
what were your instructions on taking care of yourself after you have Ben sent home.
Eat fiber. One tablespoon a day is enough. COVID kills by oxygen deprivation AND by kidney failure thanks to the diarrhea it gives you. Fiber stops that from happening.

Mind you, this is from experience. I did not go to the doctor when I got this virus. There was no vaccination back then and certainly no medicine, so no point. Just kept monitoring my blood oxygen level. And yes, get a blood oxygen meter too. They are inexpensive and available online. You wear them on your finger. If it drops to below 93% or lower, go to hospital without a hello-hi. Just go.
Liquid Plant Ingredient Fluid Natural foods
Food Bread flour Powder Ingredient Recipe

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Eat fiber. One tablespoon a day is enough.
And for Gawd's sake have it with water in a glassful of water (or milk). If you have it dry, it'll expand in your throat and choke you to death.

This fiber expands in contact with water like you wouldn't believe. One spoon will fill your stomach and keep your insides clean.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
vitamins extra vit C,zinc and collodial silver,plus sunshine and fresh air,i have had it twice once in 2019 before there was any thing and once a few months back,for me it was bad but i have been a whole lot sicker with the flu,my stepdaughter and my daughter both got the covid pnuemonia and step daughter got antibiotics,daughter got monoclodial {?} also water,lots of water.take care my friend we will keep you all in our Prayers

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I've also made it a habit to swallow a multi-vitamin every day. Anything that makes you feel good.

After getting vaccinated I was hungry all the time (Chinese vaccine... makes you hungry, no joke!)... so I was having a ton of ice cream. It's not exactly great for you but hey I couldn't help it.

Now it's winter and I am freezing to death and I can't even think of ice-cream....

And yes... have more water than you think you need. Fiber stops water loss. Find sources of fiber.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
FWIW- the omicron variant is going around fast enough that it is likely most of the country will get it. And since it partly overcomes the vaccine this includes the vaccinated. Although the vaccine does generate a response that reduces the likelyhood of serious symptoms, hospitalization, and death. So many scientists are now saying that we should all expect to get omicron, and the decision to make is whether to be vaccinated or unvaccinated when you get it. The therapies like monoclonal antibody infusions and the new anti-virals seem to help but are not magic bullets. And due to the virus evolving past the vaccine (like flu does every year) it is likely that the current vaccines will continue to become less effective as new variants continue to emerge leading to the development of new vaccines (again, much like annual updated flu shots).

Not making recommendations, not judging, and not pretending that this is the only opinion out there. Just what the scientists and medical people are saying as per the request at the start of the thread.

So, with that, let the memes of ridicule rain down.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Avoid the "info" provided by "shock jocks"
Give your natural immunity a boost , decent diet (obesity and hyperglycemia are #1 risks) , Vit D supplements 4000iu daily , avoid the 3 Cs ( contaminated areas , crowds and continuous exposure) , best vaccine is looking to be a mild case of omicron.

·
Premium Member
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank everyone for your replies. I just talked to a friend of mine who is waiting for their test results. I ask what do they do if their test turns out negative. Whether positive or negative they say do not just lay around. Move around as much as possible and like your replies drink fluids and take vitamins. Try to avoid pneumonia as much as you can.

·
Registered
598 Posts
The home tests at least are all over the wall in terms of reliability. i know of two sets of people , one married , that were together in confined spaces and crowds who all four came down ill. One of each tested positive while the other was negative and in both cases , the one who felt the worst was negative. Go figure , even the CDC finally admitted how misleading their numbers are , last I saw death rate from covid now hovers around 0.27% and 75% of those have at least 4 co-morbidities involved

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Thank everyone for your replies. I just talked to a friend of mine who is waiting for their test results. I ask what do they do if their test turns out negative. Whether positive or negative they say do not just lay around. Move around as much as possible and like your replies drink fluids and take vitamins. Try to avoid pneumonia as much as you can.
Great advice. I have an elderly ailing father who has been admitted to the hospital twice with breathing problems over the past year. Both turned out to be bacterial pneumonia that was easily treated with antibiotics thankfully. Always good to remember there is more than one kind of fish in the sea.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Here is some early / emerging research on potential long term effects where cognitive declines proportional to symptom severity may be one of the long term effects. May be of interest as well.

Two of my three kids had confirmed symptomless cases, the third may have also had it. Both are young and healthy with one getting a deep workup as part of collegiate athletics (a close look for myocarditis). Neither is having any serious long term affects but both swear they had a "post covid fog" for a while after recovering. I didn't really notice- they were just the normal happy-goofy to me but they said they were having word-find trouble and feeling "foggy" for a while afterwards. Several co-workers / friends / acquaintances have described a similar thing.

Food for thought, or memes, or...

The actual article- DEFINE_ME

A laypersons summary- Recovered COVID Patients May Have Significantly Reduced Intelligence, Suggests Large Study

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
they were having word-find trouble and feeling "foggy" for a while afterwards. Several co-workers / friends / acquaintances have described a similar thing.
Had the exact opposite effect on me. I could suddenly remember names and stuff I had forgotten looong ago.... I can remember shitte from when I was one year old. I thought the effect would wear off with time.... it does not.

Point is, it DOES effect the brain.

·
Premium Member
11,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Our friends son has been diagnosed with Covid and he called to me to stay away. His son Nikolas is going to their shop for a couple hours a day to keep moving, hopefully to keep from getting pneumonia. They keep the shop locked so customers can’t get in.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Interesting lay article on hydroxychloroquine. Describes some of the history, biochemistry, and how it may have some potential- especially if evolving variants change the way they enter cells.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
And this on the omicron wave- while it is big it may pass through quickly. The story is specifically about NH but also alludes to national trends which are similar.

If correct omicron should fade about as quickly as it rose.

After that the question will be if things calm down or if we get yet another variant- like something that can overcome immunity (current vaccines and natural induced by omicron infection).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts