Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
IMO--Cold Steel--- 5ft---- Professional series (thicker gauge & better mouthpiece)--this is a one piece capable walking staff & it comes with a nice selection of darts to try (then you can reorder what you really like) I really like the regular small all metal broad-head & the large all metal razor broad-head-----these blowguns are called "big bore" as they are .625,,, it takes a little practice to master the technique required for maximum performance--they often amaze me---
Hope this helps,,---------StrongFowl---------

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would you be able to send me a link? I probably wont hunt with it. I just want to play darts.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
make one i have one out of pvc and it works fine, just ask this little guy who thought he would get in the shop
">
Such precision!

·
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cold steel blowguns are not made in the USA. So I will not be buying one of those. I want to buy one before I make one. You guys should check out http://usblowgun.com/ this is what I was trying to do with slingshots. We need regulation targets, distances, etc ... would be tons of fun.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
My Bad,, I think of the "big bore" cold steel blowgun the same as its predecessor "J R Stupero" they were the 1st I can remember (late 1980s-early 1990s) to make this fine blowgun,,then they were bought out by "J W McFarlin" who kept making the same,,,Both of these parent companies were USA all the way as they were both in AZ.
Lynn C Thompson (pres. Cold Steel) bought the Title-Trademarks & Inventory,, then he got some advice from several experts on any improvements that could be done,,,Michael Janich a well respected self defence expert recommended a thicker wall so the BG could be used as a striking weapon and a more capable walking stick, He also helped design some darts (from what I understand)...
Anyway ,,maybe you could find an old one made by JR or JW,,,,,but as many members have pointed out ,,,they are easy to make,,the darts are fun to experiment with (making & shooting),, after all the BG is only a straight tube. A friend suggested the "boarhog" and said it would shoot .625 BUT I don't know much about it or its origin of manufacture.

I hope You find one You like as they are great fun & cheap to shoot ,,,
-----peace----StrongFowl----

·
Registered
3,109 Posts

·
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's the link to the Mother's Earth News article, boy did that take me back....that was one heck of a mag when I was younger.... http://www.motherear...ng-Blowgun.aspx
Good luck with the BG search I dont know if you will be able to find a US made one (Do we still make things in this country??) good luck anyway...
Actually just searching around I found a bunch made in the USA. I bought one made with tufram. Supposed to shoot fast. And it was only like $20. If I have fun shooting it I will probably make my own.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.