Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I use this section to hopefully make a positive impact on anyone that is interested. Here is my question to our two teenage nieces. Make a list of all the positive things in your life, and a separate list for negative things. This is not a poll, Im just sharing what I do to help my family.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just celebrated a 26 year wedding anniversary

Son-the-Elder graduated college with a degree in Asian studies/Chemistry

Son-the-Younger almost full ride scholarship to University of Kentucky

Quit stressful job, still looking so a bit of a neg

Rewatched the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005 movie) and found it to not be as offensive/disastrous as I did the first time

I still want a full copy of the original BBC version from the 1980's

Not going to give the neg side because of trying to "Always look on the bright side of life" (Whistle that one with me now) (No I'm not British, hahaha. They just made some of the best shows!)

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I have remarkably good health for a man that has lived my life.

Two kids raised to become fine people.

47 years with a woman who could put up with me.

Enough money spent carefully to allow me to pursue my changing interests.

No real negs, just play the cards dealt and smile.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Great idea Tag. I once heard that it is impossible to be happy without being grateful, and making a list is a great way to remember all thing wonderful things in our life. I'll share just a couple of mine:

Walked away from a life threatening accident without long term damage or adverse effects

Married to a wonderful woman who makes me a better man

13 year old puppy who turned me into a dog person

Health and money to pursue my humble hobbies

A wonderful community here on SSF to share my passions.

Negative: I've got plenty, but try not to dwell on them :)

Reactions: Tag

·
Premium Member
11,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That’s awesome Mikey The peer pressure and challenges these kids face today are unlike anything I could ever imagine. Our school just hired a full time security guard to protect our students from #%#%#%# The kids need as much support we can give them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.