Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grandpa Grumpy posted a couple of YouTube videos of Charles demonstrating how and why we get fork hits. This reminded me to take another look at PocketPredator and Simple Shots websites to watch their videos on how to shoot slingshots. It’s amazing how far slingshots have come in just a few years. I think it’s very important to revisit the videos of the early days of slingshots. TreeFork, Beanflip, Tex, Nathan, Bill and Rufus Hussey. There are countless others, but not enough time for me to list them all. Joey(LBS) and the designer of the PFS shooter. I’m terribly sorry, I cannot come up with this gentleman’s name. He is amazing.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Agreed. I've shot slings since I can remember, but about 10 years ago I found bill hays, Gary (flatband), Tex, Charles, Dgui, and like you said so many more. Seen there videos than found this place, and learned so much more. Retired my wrist rockets and started making board cuts and never looked back.
So it too say, thank you all.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I can never repay the fine, generous, and kind flipsters who helped me (Tag, you are one of them)...

But I can pay it forward.

And even that seems better for me than them. Hahaha...It os win-win-ein with SSF and Slingers in general.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I really appreciate all those on this forum who helped me along the way. I especially want to thank those who post how to videos (aiming,pouch release, tying,etc).

I want to thank Bill Hays and Pocket Predator for all of the shooting challenges. I didn't participate in all of them but the ones I did made me strive to be more accurate.

I especially want to thank M.J. and Jodie for hosting the M.W.S.T. If they had not held the first M.W.S.T. back in 2014 I would have probably given up on slingshots, but they announced the tournament and I started shooting more to prepare. This was the first tournament for Tag and myself and many others around the midwest. I don't know about Tag but I was awed to be shooting with the top shooters in the U.S.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've been on this forum since October. You guys have all made something I like into something I like more. Opinions... videos... shared experience...

This forum is a good place with good people who know a thing or two.

I hope someday to be able to be one of the regulars around here and help people the way you've all helped me.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
All you old hats here. It's not my fault !! I'm a newbie myself. But this forum is all that kept me going with the slingshot hobby. I try to repay forward by posting light hearted and interesting stuff. When someone asks a question, I try to give the best answer that I can. Hope I've helped bring some people along.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Great post Tag!

I truly appreciate the warm welcome from everyone. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, opinions and actual materials and slingshots! As I get more involved I hope to be able to pay it forward more. I try to share my experiences as a newbie and to offer advice that I feel is sound. When I do and I get a thumbs up from the more experienced members, it makes me feel really good!

I've been a member of several other forums. People come and people go. But there is always that core of members that stay through the years and share the same advice time after time, year after year, to help bring new folks into the hobby. I hope to be one of those guys!

·
Premium Member
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SJAaz brought up a good point, it doesn’t matter when you join or how long you’ve been a part of this Forum. We are all part of a fantastic Forum,where everyone contributes in one way or another. the nice thing about this Forum is we learn from new members and long standing members as well. I’ve learned that sometimes in life all it takes is to listen to others and encourage them in a positive way. I’ve been in dart leagues, bowling leagues and bicycle clubs, and there was always a small group of people that created chaos. I feel very fortunate to be a part of this Forum where respect and the willingness to help others is always with us.

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
I just enjoy hanging around with nice people. Though the years we’ve had some disruptive folks but they don’t find what they are looking for here. It’s like all the niceness creates a force field or something. Niceness prevails. Anyway I’m fairly new here, but have got a wealth of knowledge from you guys and I thank you! Sure glad I found ya!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts