Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Okay, I've had a LOT of emails, pm's, and some posts enquiring about buying some of the slingshots I've designed and made.

Soooo, I went on ahead and paid for the site vendor thing, bought the website domain name "PocketPredator.com" , and I'll offer a limited number of slingshots to start it all out.

I'm thinking 3 different pricing levels for three different grades of makes are called for. All will come with bands attached and postage/handling included in the price. Price will be good for the United States only, as postage is more going to other countries. Going to Europe will probably be $8-$10 USD added... other places will be decided on a case by case basis.

#1 will be a basic no frills model made from 3/4" cabinet grade multiplex wood for $30

#2 will be the Cowboy model, approximately 1" thick made from 20 layers of cross grained cabinet making grade multiplex. This one is very comfortable to hold... with a real all day shooter feel to it. This one will be $45

#3 will be the G10 composite Jade Dragon and the unpolished version as well. The polished one is $100 and the unpolished will be $90.
These are made from 3/4" G10 composite, EXTREMELY strong with a nice heft. This material is VERY hard to work with and the raw material itself costs a lot per unit as well. These slingshots will last a lifetime and have a unique look and feel to them.

#4 Special slingshots... one offs, custom designs, exotic materials... these will have to be on a case by case basis. But the price will probably be pretty reasonable as these kinds of projects are usually more fun to do.

I will make these when I have time and offer them up after they are made, in the Vendor's classifieds.
You can pre-request slingshots... slight modifications like stain colors, larger/smaller gripping areas, and fork widths etc are okay... but I won't take payments until the slingshot you want is actually made, and I contact you that it's ready.
I have a full time career and a lot of family to attend to, so I'll make these more at my own pace when time affords.

This is the Pocket Predator multiplex shooter. No frills, just cutout, rounded off and stained. $30

This is the Cowboy Catty. About an inch thick, well profiled with a real nice fit and feel. $45

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtwU74o6Djk

These are the G10 composite Jade Dragon and the unpolished version. The Jade Dragon is $100, unpolished is $90

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
BTW, this thread should be in Personal For Sale, if not in Vendor Classifieds. Please keep your ads confined to the appropriate forums.

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
It is with the unpolished one above! -- Tex

·
Premium Member
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How wide is the fork opening (spread)?

I have small hands (7" from wrist to tip of middle finger)
Hello Joe,
It's good to see you on this forum as well... Hope grip training is going well for you too. I imagine with the way above average strength you possess in your hands and forearms that holding a slingshot stable is fairly easy for you and it helps with your accuracy.

Anyway, to the subject at hand (pun intended) the distance is 2.5" between the forks. My Wife has 6.5" hands and she says the G10 models fit her very well. The Cowboy model is a touch on the large size for her (due to being thicker), and the boardcut Pocket Predator is decent size but not as comfortable for her because it lacks the heft and perceived stability.

I have an 8" holding hand, and all feel fine to me... but my preference is a touch thicker like the Cowboy model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.