Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I ask questions that have absolutely nothing to do with slingshots, because I probably value your opinions more than a lot of people I know. I ask here also, because I figure the general off topic is like being at a slingshot tournament and having a casual conversation. My question pertains to texting our younger people and never receiving an answer???????? For a long time I sent text to several people and posted a positive Meme. At first they all acknowledged them, then slowly they stopped replying???????? So instead of assuming things, I sent a group text telling them if I was bothering them, I would send less, or stop all texting all together. The replies I did receive all pretty much said, they liked my text, but sometimes they were too busy at the time, and then they would forget. I quit texting, since mainly the reason I text was to encourage them. I’ve heard from others around here, and they have similar stories. And as far as conversations, short and to the point. I’m actually good with this, we never had a phone until I graduated from high school. I’m just curious

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think the replies you received - about being too busy, or forgetting - were likely honest. I'm sure those you were texting do like you, possibly very much, but just have other stuff to do. Busy lives.

Don't worry 'bout it.

·
Mojave Mo
5,318 Posts
This is honestly mind-numbing to me. Especially with my own kids 14, 18,and 21. Apparently a 'Non-Reply' means they got the text. A reply a day later means they didn't want a slice a pizza from the text I sent yesterday. A reply the same day or within 10 minutes of my initial text is intended to ask me what I want after I said just that very thing in my initial text.
Once when my oldest was 16 and her phone was broken I asked her to leave me a note at home if she was going anywhere. She did and I asked her what kind of 'code word' was a B-Flat. She said she couldn't figure out what I meant so she just wrote a note. In fairness to her she is my Step-Daughter and her Bio-Father is ignorant.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
This is honestly mind-numbing to me. Especially with my own kids 14, 18,and 21. Apparently a 'Non-Reply' means they got the text. A reply a day later means they didn't want a slice a pizza from the text I sent yesterday. A reply the same day or within 10 minutes of my initial text is intended to ask me what I want after I said just that very thing in my initial text.
Once when my oldest was 16 and her phone was broken I asked her to leave me a note at home if she was going anywhere. She did and I asked her what kind of 'code word' was a B-Flat. She said she couldn't figure out what I meant so she just wrote a note. In fairness to her she is my Step-Daughter and her Bio-Father is ignorant.

Thats hilarious!!

·
Aimstinctivist
770 Posts
You're missing the fun Mr. Tag. When they don't reply- respond as if they did. A few weeks back I sent a text to my neighbor on Monday letting him know that I was having a few loads of gravel and top soil delivered the following Thursday. I asked if he wanted to get in on it so we could each catch a break on the cost. Wednesday came and I still hadn't heard from him, so I sent the following text: "Gotcha, two loads of 5/8 + 1 1/4. No top?" I heard back from him in under 5 minutes...

·
Premium Member
12,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I have once again got replies to my question and I made my decision. I text my favorite mother in law ever morning , it’s like a “well being” check. I have quit texting everyone else❤ If I need to get in touch with them I call Now there’s a novel idea❤ I actually feel a lot better. It may seem trivial to some, but our niece never had parents worth the powder to blow them to &@#@. I’ve sent her atta girl text for years, but I feel it’s ok to slow up a little❤ Thanks to everyone

·
Mojave Mo
5,318 Posts
Well I have once again got replies to my question and I made my decision. I text my favorite mother in law ever morning , it's like a "well being" check. I have quit texting everyone else If I need to get in touch with them I call Now there's a novel idea I actually feel a lot better. It may seem trivial to some, but our niece never had parents worth the powder to blow them to &@#@. I've sent her atta girl text for years, but I feel it's ok to slow up a little Thanks to everyone
Looks like a great recovery Tag. I white knuckle a lot of things from my early years because they make sense, I miss them, and I use that excuse to not participate as much as I could in this new and modern world. In my hometown there was a notepad by every front door. You could drive through town and see scraps of paper with 'info' under more than a few windshields. I bet we got news around town faster than the Internet today.... with more accuracy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.