Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,671 Posts
I like Paracord also. I use Lanyards on some of my slingshots as an additional safety ( besides safety glasses ). Can't be safe enough!

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
I love all cordage, but paracord is plentiful & affordable. So I use it moatly.

I like to have a cinch of some kind on the standard wrist lanyard (i.e., Wooden bead, metal bead, or a spring release button).

I do consider a decorative bead on a string a lanyard if you hold it or wrap it around a pinkie.

But the lanyard I have come to most like is a 4mm (4 strand) paracord woven Pinkie lanyard. They help small flips retain their pocketeability for convenient carry. And I keep a relaxed hand with 'em and add a magnet ring for semi-auto...Well sort of...

Those machine gun skills are not for me. But I use the pinkie lanyard to gather up my steel.

PS- Woven cotton twine is very comfortable and can be waxed after you weave it and put it on.It does not last forever like nylon (a.k.a) paracord. Wool is not as comfortable, but it does last a bit longer.

Bottom pic is as loose as my hand gets.

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,094 Posts
I prefer a well made and well fitted braided lanyard (big surprise lol) I do tend to use paracord but am considering experimenting with other materials. I like the safety factor, the support it provides the frame and the fact I can let the slingshot dangle if I need both hands to set up a target etc. $0.02 :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I prefer a well made and well fitted braided lanyard (big surprise lol) I do tend to use paracord but am considering experimenting with other materials. I like the safety factor, the support it provides the frame and the fact I can let the slingshot dangle if I need both hands to set up a target etc. $0.02 :)
Well made indeed. Yours are my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.