Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to upgrade from minirature marshmallows through 1/2" PVC sch 40 irrigation pipe.

Bought a Cold Steel .625 x 60" takdown as my starter pipe. $35

They sell a "professional" that is 48" long and thicker walled that claims to be a better walking stick. The professional is also purportedly better as a whacking implement. They both come with cane tips. They also sell 2' extension tubes $12 for the thin walled versions like mine.

What caliber and length do you prefer for more than plinking?

If you have a heavy pipe do you recommend that feature?

Consider posting images of modified or home made or improvised ammo you find useful.

Consider posting your success stories related to legal hunting and pest control experience.

Post your accuracy and or speed / energy accomplishments if quantifiable. I can relate to terms like "minute of mouse at 10 meters" if applicable.

·
See The Target
21,953 Posts
I am also an avid blowgun practitioner . In my experience and opinion the .625 big bore in a 5 foot length is a great choice . I prefer the standard two piece like you have . I also have a 4 foot Pro model featuring the thicker wall bore . I like the blow gun to be lighter so the standard wall thickness is plenty sturdy . For more information check out the sister forum to this one . The Blowgun Forum . Lots of good information there with pictures ect .

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK so that is the Razor Tip BG dart not the mini broadhead I have coming. I don't see those in stock at Midway or on Amazon.

Now I see some really do hunt with poison:

What's a boy to do???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.