Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any ideas for easy to access ammo pouches? I'm thinking something that might clip onto your belt, have some king of hold-open mechanism, and also a hold-closed mechanism. I was thinking of getting a rock climbing "chalk bag". Something like this: http://www.rei.com/product/801346 I don't know how big this particular one is, but the ones I've seen my daughter using climbing are baseball to softball sized. Anybody tried something like this? Worthwhile, or a waste of time/money? I'm getting tired of bending over to my can of ammo on the ground after every shot.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I cut an old glasses case in half taped it up put a hole in it pushed a peice of thick wire through it bent it into a hook and hang it from my trouser belt, it works a treat.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I just usually carry bout a dozen or so of whatever kinda ammo I'm shooting in my pocket, trouser or shorts, sometimes I use a shirt pocket, if I think I'm gonna get to shooting some I use a small tylenol or medicine container, kinda bulky but will hold 50- 60 ammo pieces,

it rattles but it's cheap

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
I use a canvas nail apron you can buy in any big box store that sells wood.It has 2 pockets and holds a lot of ammo and is easier than digging in your pockets.They cost about $2.00.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use a dog treat bag...
Perfect! Just like the climbing chalk bag I was considering, but smaller and with better belt attachments (better for an ammo holder, not a rock climber). I even found a nearly new dog treat bag in our "old dog supplies" box. We haven't used it for years and I had forgotten about it. It even has a small side pocket that nicely fits my PS2. Perfect! Thanks!

·
Banned
904 Posts
I was thinking of inletting the wood handle for a disc magnet at the bottom of a French divot sized to fit a .50 steel ball.The bullet would hold ready to go with the slingshot at all times. You could add several. Easier would be a magnetic strip fastened into a groove the handle could hold say, five or six. The groove would aid in keeping the balls rolling off, and would make it less awkward. Easier still would be simplyadd a larger disc magnet to the frame that would hold more, but I think it would seem awkward having a cluster of balls attached to the slingshot.

·
Registered
330 Posts
OK, so last night I tried a goofy idea I had. I took a rubber glove and cut a small hole in one of the fingers just big enough that I have to squeeze the tip to pop out a marble. It worked pritty good after adjusting the hole size then I cut another finger for my lead shot and another for my steel shot. After filling the fingers up with ammo, I tucked the arm end of the glove under my belt, and went out back to shoot for a bit.

This is were it gets goofy. My wife and girls came out to see what I was doing and my youngest asked me why I was trying to look like a cow! I didn't get it until I went to get another marble and my wife said to my daughter," It seems the cow can milk it self."
I looked down and sure enough it looked like an utter.
Some how I don't think my desighn will be the latest thing in sling shot high fashion!

I am thinking of cutting the thumb or finger off the rubber glove and attaching it to a piece of PVC pipe and using it that way as a dispenser. It might work, but I just don't think it will look any good. Maybe a piece of bamboo.....

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
You can hold six 1/2" size balls in your pouch hand for fast hunting shots very easily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.