Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this week has been an interesting week for sure. I started out trying to teach a young man to shoot a slingshot, unfortunately his progress is not going so well. Instead of continuing to stress out, we moved on to BB guns???? we then moved on to doing his chores????????????‍♂ Next day back to slingshots, some improvement, but when frustration set in we moved on to archery ???? from there we watched Captain America ???????? Today it’s clean gutters on great grandma’s garage???????? Next week there will be two young men learning slingshots, which I feel will work out better for them.. They are best friends and work well together, even at homework.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
I've got to agree with you Tag. If you're trying to interest somebody in something, especially kids, it pays to make it fun. Especially slingshots! I shoot for fun, so if it becomes frustrating you know it's time to put the frame down and do something else. (unless you're training to compete. Then you've got to grind). Sounds like you're doing a good job though! A day shooting slingshots, BB guns, getting dirty in gutters and watching superhero movies... that would've been heaven to me when I was a kid. (Still sounds like a great afternoon!)

Reactions: Tag
1 - 2 of 2 Posts