Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always bragging about my great thrift store finds. Well, here's one that is kind of funny.

I have a thing for containers. Boxes, bags, whatever, I'm always drawn to them. Most of the time, I will pick it up, look it over and put it back down, realizing I have this issue.

I was browsing the housewares when I came across this box.
c6d3979cb828fc5416012cf7bb21130c.jpg

It's beautiful in its design and there was no obvious lid to the box. I fiddled with it for several minutes before figuring out that the bottom actually slides open, if you know the secret, to reveal this beautiful, velvet lined (spray on) interior.
187305b0c1301ced7e382117efae29e9.jpg

So now, I have a harder time putting it down and walking away. I finally justified it enough in my mind and hauled it to the register. Heck, for three bucks.... The girl behind the counter was taken by the box, as well and made some comment to the effect, "maybe mom wouldn't have found my stash if I had a box like that".

I get the thing home and I'm showing off my treasure to Mrs B. And I get the bright idea to take the price tag off which was obscuring.
956ee151b184738e17949e8c400b7913.jpg

Well, it's still a nice box. May Joker RIP, wherever his ashes are currently.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Lol! I worked in animal hospitals for almost 15 years. As I was scrolling down and came to the pic I said to myself "That looks like a cremation remains box". Guess I was right! I would have not been able to pass that one up either. I have a wooden box addiction!

·
Registered
125 Posts
As I was scrolling down and came to the pic I said to myself "That looks like a cremation remains box". Guess I was right! I would have not been able to pass that one up either. I have a wooden box addiction!
Im a little slow on the uptake. After I saw the sticker, then of course that's what it is. I probably would still have bought it. I can stash slingshots and ammunition in it for the zombie apocalypse.

Mark

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know, that sticker is maybe just enough to creep out and potentially keep a snooper from further trying to open the box, thus "watch dogging" your valuables!

Mark

·
Neophyte
2,126 Posts
"if you can't laugh at yourself, tell your friends, they will do it for you?"

Reactions: Bob E and 8rnw8

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"if you can't laugh at yourself, tell your friends, they will do it for you?"
I did and they did. My oldest sister, who is old enough to be my mother, nearly peed her pants. Of course, that could just be an age thing, too!

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts