Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Carmelo, I follow you from Sicily, as a boy you played with slingshots (I remember that we made the bells ring on the bell tower). In these days that you have to stay inside because of the virus crown I thought why not spend some time making slings to use in the garden on jars, and looking on the net I came across your site. Small problem it is not easy to find rubber bands like the ones I have seen from you, I remember that we used the inner tubes of bicycles or cars, (small suggestions?) Thanks. I am 52 years old. I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you cannot order slingshot bands you can try latex exercise resistance bands and office rubber bands. Both make acceptable slingshot bands. Modern inner tubes do not make the best slingshot bands.

·
See The Target
22,206 Posts
Welcome .

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hi, I'm Carmelo, I follow you from Sicily, as a boy you played with slingshots (I remember that we made the bells ring on the bell tower). In these days that you have to stay inside because of the virus crown I thought why not spend some time making slings to use in the garden on jars, and looking on the net I came across your site. Small problem it is not easy to find rubber bands like the ones I have seen from you, I remember that we used the inner tubes of bicycles or cars, (small suggestions?) Thanks. I am 52 years old. I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

Thanks in advance
Welcome! As for rubber....You can Daisy-chain regular rubber bands together, google daisy chain rubber bands and choose your favorite method. When you have blood drawn, keep the rubber tourniquet they use, I have never had them refuse, but in the virus time they might not let you keep it. The exercise bands work very well. Shock-cord, elastic, anything stretchy works just for fun plinking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the answers, give me how I end the restrictions regarding the Cod19 that keeps us in the house to make some orders from Alixpres, in the meantime I went to the farm and I took some tourniquets do you think they can be fine? For the cannoli, if it was possible, I would have gladly sent them to you. Happy Saturday everyone

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Ciao Carmelo, benvenuto e piacere di incontrare qui un connazionale. Gia', il virus.....nell'impossibilita' di muoversi abbiamo del tempo libero e fare fionde e giocare ci fa bene. Nell'attesa di vedere un tuo lavoro, ti auguro buon divertimento.
Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts