Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love it. Check and see if you notice any band slippage though. Usually the band grooves are a little deeper and more defined. I’m not a builder so I’m just going off of what I’ve seen and experienced so I could be mistaken there too and it’ll work just fine.
I haven't had any slippage on the face of the forks on any of my builds so far, but I had to add a few notches because the bands wanted to work their way off the tips of the forks on this one.

Sleeve Gesture Grey Waist Finger
Finger Gesture Thumb Creative arts Nail

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's quite a beauty!
I love the contrast in the woods, the severity of the wood join lines and how that is offset by the organic curves of the profiles. All pretty eye-catching!
Thanks! I was pretty uncomfortable with the initial shape, but I ended up liking it the more and more as I sanded it down. I didn't plan on it being so artsy.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That is an awesome build buddy!! i love the complete flow of the frame, looks like a very comfortable shooter!!

by the way, wha are you using to secure the sight?
The sights are just two bits of wire wedged into two small holes. I bend the wire around the same bit I use to drill the hole. I haven't had (or noticed at least) any band wear and I haven't had any pull back out. They're wedged in there good. I encourage anyone and everyone to try it out. It's really fast and easy. The only hard part is getting really small bits. Lol

Wood Sleeve Ruler Tool Medical equipment
Finger Thumb Terrestrial plant Nail Plant
Gesture Fashion accessory Wood Personal protective equipment Wrist
Liver Wood Food Hand tool Varnish
Hand Wood Gesture Finger Artifact

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lefty here as well the rightys think we shoot wrong,and for our part we think they do,sorta like OTT and TTF,its really what You are comforatable with,its all just in sport,and those are definatly some nice frames :)
Wait, are you saying you're left handed? Or you just hold the sling in your left hand? I'm right handed, I thought this was how most people held their slings. Thanks, by the way!

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts
It's still a PFS, but it's definitely "Furniture Grade" for sure. The shape, the wood blend, the finish-beautiful job Bud!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts