Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So today I redid my Dankung band sets. Something didn't feel right shooting them and I wanted to make sure it wasn't the sets. So after I get finished I take em outside and shoot em and they are both good to go. But I'm putting my Dankungs up for awhile. I love em and enjoy shooting them. However something isn't right when I shoot them. I don't know if I'm thinking too much or whathaveyou.. I'm just gonna hold off on shooting them heavy. I will keep shooting my OTT flips. I think as someone getting back into it, this is a good decision. Dankungs have their own shooting nuances and tendencies. As I'm just starting shooting again, I want to keep stuff simple so I can focus on my form, accuracy, etc. I've had experience shooting all sorts of stuff, and my opinion, someone just starting to shoot slingshots should stay away from Dankungs til they have developed the basics. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree. When I decided to get back into slingshot shooting after close to 50 years absence, I bought one of Flatbands univeral ergos and promptly broke the right fork while shooting it. Then I got one of Smitty's shooters and promptly broke the right fork off of it. So, in my infinite wisdom I bought a Bunnybuster double ergo and first time shooting hit the right fork, so I put it up before I broke it too. I've hit my finger, my knuckle and on several occassions knocked the slingshot out of my hand. Coming back down to earth, I bought a victor 20 and I shoot it with no problem. Then, I bought a Bunnybuster swivel fork slingshot and can shoot it without thought. Also a Saunders hawk that I can shoot without problems. Now, I am getting to where I can shoot my other slingshots without hitting the fork. I was able to fix my Flatband and Smitty slingshots and can shoot them pretty good now as well as my Bunnybuster double ergo. I also have a real nice one from Baummstam that I am able to shoot well. It just takes a little time and effort to get back into this sport.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's really interesting, my only fork hits came from off the Dankung. I did it twice.

·
Registered
273 Posts
once or to times it appened to me to tap the fork of my milbro because it is exceptionally narrow and You must rearly pay attention on hold. But since I changed the rubber hold to the spanish stile it does not happen anymore. Ad it is still exceptionally accurate as the Milbro use to be. I believe the rubber fixing to the fork (given obviuosly some shooters skill is the most important factor in fork hitting. But as soon as you get use problem disappear. Dankung are enaugh wide to allow some errore in allineament.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha! Was thinking about fork hits and went out and chipped my BB a lil with 2 more!! Too funny. I was experimenting with my anchor point. I also got my last Dankung order today, as well, this time it included a Western sized shooter. Now I have a Black Eagle, it's long, but the forks are the same as on the smaller models. The western shooter is much bigger and wider as well. I shoot it more like my other slingshots. I think I'll just hold off shooting the tiny stuff for awhile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.