Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They're all starting to look alike. I'm gonna have to break out of this rut. Maybe do some board cuts or hybrids or something.

This one is Maple. I should have stained it to bring out the grain, but it's too late now. The first coat of tung oil is on it. Still a good slingshot, though.

DSC04095_zps15776766.jpg

DSC04096_zps51b377a5.jpg

DSC04097_zps34dc8435.jpg

... Thanks for looking. Hope you[re not as bored as I am.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
It looks quite a bit like the one you recently sent me.
If so, that makes it a beautifuly finished, perfectly shaped outstanding slingshot.
We should all suffer from such boredom :)

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks quite a bit like the one you recently sent me. If so, that makes it a beautifuly finished, perfectly shaped outstanding slingshot. We should all suffer from such boredom :)
Thanks, M_J. This one is full-size though, quite a bit bigger than yours.

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that looks good! Everytime I think they are getting stale, someone comes out with a cool new design and I fall in love all over again.
Yeah, that's an idea... maybe I will start trying to come up with a new design. Thanks Aaron!

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Looks great! Nice and chunky, looks like it needs some 107's.

·
The King of Kings ...There is only 1...
1,701 Posts
Super nice looking natural, great build Dayhiker. I am always partial to naturals of all shapes and sizes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Bill, I love that design. The one you sent me for the Santa trade is definitely on top of my list of shooter. You're a true craftsman and a great ambassador for our sport and hobby. Beautiful work!

·
"Crafter"
2,120 Posts
They're all starting to look alike. I'm gonna have to break out of this rut. Maybe do some board cuts or hybrids or something.

This one is Maple. I should have stained it to bring out the grain, but it's too late now. The first coat of tung oil is on it. Still a good slingshot, though.

DSC04095_zps15776766.jpg

DSC04096_zps51b377a5.jpg

DSC04097_zps34dc8435.jpg

I feel your pain... this long winter and foot of snow have really killed my slingshot enthusiasm at the moment, the forum keeps me going and then I look outside and pass it up.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts

DSC04095_zps15776766.jpg

DSC04096_zps51b377a5.jpg

DSC04097_zps34dc8435.jpg

It's a great shooter, but if you like to make something unusual I'm looking forward to seeing a catty out of the box. Cheers Bill!

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Gosh Dayhiker, that looks so nice, but at your level, nah, it's just nice. But if you just happen to get too bored with it, I would'nt mind being bored a little bit. :p

Seriously, great work and wonderful talent. Thank you for sharing. g

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Don,t fix something that is not broken ,that,s an amazing design Bill looks great and i,m sure anyone here would love to have it,
you have some new forks coming soon to look forwards to.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dayhiker,

Do come up with a new design,most of the ones I've made to trade or give away have been your designs,favorites being the Chalice,Plinker,and the Ninja. Some I've changed a bit but they're still your inspirition.

Melvin

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Another great one!!!!! I think, my friend, you are mistaking lack of originality for character. When you have character on something you do, that piece or work always carry your personality ...Is like seeing your face over and over again in the mirror. Imitators are those who work something very well, but they lack the character and originality ...It's not your case, obviously!!!! :)

A little tip: I once read of an artist (painter) who painted his works and, after that, he stored away the portrait. He only looked at the painting several weeks or months later ...and he always become surprised with is own work!! Sometimes, I hide a fork on top of the closet or under the bed. And, for my surprise, it looks nicer when I see it again ...

Ah,I forgot to mention: YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE BORED BY THE MEMBERS OF THE GREAT SLINGSHOT COUNCIL!!! :nono:

Hope this helped ...But, like the other guy said, "I ain't no Bertrand Russel!!!" :D

Cheers ..Q

Reactions: harson

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
They're all starting to look alike. I'm gonna have to break out of this rut.

all i see are Dayhiker American Poachers . . . :thumbsup: . . .

·
11,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everybody for your kind words of encouragement! :bowdown:

. . . I have a lot of materials to work with that people have given me, also a slab of G10 that I haven't cut into yet. Also I have some baltic birch plywood. Time for a change of pace...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts