Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, y'all.
I'm JimmyMac. I'm fiddy-five, and I spend a lot of time foolin' with tools, recording music, motorcycles and in all the places those interests intersect.

Slingshots, though I grew up with one in my back pocket, shooting with my dad, and hearing his childhood tales of Kentucky varmint hunting for fun and food with his hickory and red rubber slingshots, ..and in my adult years i have almost always had one or five "pocket-rockets" and treefork frames(usually rubberless) hanging around,
..but I have only recently become obsessed with daydreaming, then crafting and testing my own designs, aesthetics and the balance thereof for my own entertainment.

I'm pretty stoked there's other folks out there on these here webernets who like to share their experiences and craftsmanship.

I set up a catch box in the shop and plan to send my brothers catchboxes and some slingshots so we can FaceTime hangout and shoot together virtually. ..kinda like old times, but for these new times, ya know?

So.. Where's the shootin' gallery??

1a51865cfd59d3f7125333ea9864b5e6.jpg
f2cb89d553a82e43c07ecee1ecdb194d.jpg
b5eb9016239c08d98cea5fa21bafba98.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm curious if anybody has been having friendly live competitions, FaceTime or Zoom meeting style?

As I mentioned earlier, I plan to build my brothers and grandson a Catch box and stencils of targets and games we can do together. I've seen a billiards 8 ball target, for instance. Maybe battleship? Heh! Probably just a bunch of can shootin' and story telling will ensue, but that's cool, too.

..but I was wondering if any of y'all already do that together?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.