Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
If everyone isn't sick and tired of me showing bamboo slingshots, I have just one more to show. I reeeaaly like this one ! It is nice and thick because Flatband made a comment that he liked the thickness on my last one, so I thought I would make one with "THICK " in mind right from the start. Flatbands' slingshots are thicker than most, so I set out to try and measure up to one of my teachers' (Flatband) expectations. I will try to hold off from showing any more until I can come up with something different. I am so happy with this one that I just had to see what "the guys" thought about it.
It's made of bamboo,of course and is finished with furniture wax, (again too). At the thickest point it is 1 and 1/2 inches thick ! The end of the forks where the bands go is one inch square. I sure hope you like it !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
If everyone isn't sick and tired of me showing bamboo slingshots,.... I sure hope you like it !
Nerp! No hope...

I do like it. Actually like this one even more than the supremely fitted version. More likely to be a close fit to many hands not just the talented creator. The Bamboo is a classy exotic too ( even if it is *just* a cutting board) !

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Looks realy well, you have made a good job, i think bamboo is the way to go, ive been looking for some to have a go, but will have to wait for a saw, ive dropped mine, jeff

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear about your saw Jeff. I like the way bamboo works, especially with files. The dust is pretty fine and doesn't smell too good either.
It would fit more of the average hand, like you noticed Skit. I've got this rigged for 7/16 lead balls with Linatex and a taper from 3/4" down to 1/2". It hits hard with the bands on it.
Thanks for bothering to look at yet another...

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Sorry to hear about your saw Jeff. I like the way bamboo works, especially with files. The dust is pretty fine and doesn't smell too good either.
It would fit more of the average hand, like you noticed Skit. I've got this rigged for 7/16 lead balls with Linatex and a taper from 3/4" down to 1/2". It hits hard with the bands on it.
Thanks for bothering to look at yet another...
I like the way you have glued it, i havnt any clamps, so i tried by putting the glue on then put it next to my car wheel and drove the car on top and left it over night, yes your right it stuck to the wheel and i had to smash it to get it off ha ha, jeff

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
That's one of your best ever -- if not the best. (hard to say).
BTW, is that blood I see on your workbench?

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's one of your best ever -- if not the best. (hard to say).
BTW, is that blood I see on your workbench?
Ha Ha Ha!, no it isn't blood, just wood sealer.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Oh trust me smitty, it's no bother! Like most slingnutz I try to look at all the pics people post( I do miss a few, but thats very unintended). Some are not quite suited to my tastes BUT I haven't been disappointed.

I found a nice hunk of that lam bamboo board - the price is higher than the $20-ish you posted- it has a "Made in USA" "Proudly handmade in Madison, Wi" label on it. I may buy it just for collector appeal

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think Jorg's "Massive" has some competition, lol. Keep up the great work Smitty!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
nice looking shooter Smitty. great work

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I appreciate your comments very much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts