Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after shooting my TTF flat banded F-16 for a few weeks and deciding that I really like pinch grip, I ordered a PP TTF Taurus. I read lots of reviews and watched tons of videos and I think it'll be a good fit for me. It's not the flashiest SS I've seen, but it seems to check most of the boxes for me. It's also cheap enough that I don't have much to lose. I've read several reviews that said a little more handle for the pinky finger would be helpful, but I've carried sub-compact Glock 26/7's and 42/43's for years and don't find the short grip to bother me at all. I also ordered a set of band clamps to use for banding the F-16. Should be here later this week. I also have 1000 3/8" steel balls and a roll of O.7 mm SUMEIKE latex on the way. I've been using 0.7 Precise and 0.54 dark grey/silver Theraband with 1/2 and 5/8" marbles. I'm pretty excited!????. Thanks for all the advice so far.
Charles

P.S. I finally cut a can in half after probably 150 shots. I've had a hard time finding a reliable place to reference for aiming on the frame. It's getting more consistent, but I'm still struggling a bit.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep practicing and most importantly dont forget to have fun.
I'm doing a lot of short range shooting (6-10 yards) and I'm definitely having fun. I always plan to get up and shoot 20 shots and end up shooting 40. I'm shooting 0.7mm Precise at about 400% so it's not difficult physically. It's awesome to actually hit the can several shots in a row. It's slowly getting better ????.
Charles

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep me posted on your progress. One day youll look back on these early days and have a good laugh.
Haha????. Probably so. FWIW, while I'm looking forward to my new Taurus, I finally found the aiming spot on my F-16 and cut a can in 20ish shots tonight. I'm having more fun than a barrel of monkeys ????.

Charles

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're doing great
It's slowly coming along, but like everything else, some days you actually have a eureka moment. I'm losing very little ammo since I'm shooting in my hallway into a trap. I'm looking forward to shooting smaller steel balls with equal or greater weight than marbles. The marbles icertainly don't have any problems cutting al cans, but they're slightly bulky in the pouch. It was quite cool to finally find the spot on the F-16 to use as an aiming point. Finding my anchor point was much easier. I'm only shooting from 6 yards now, by I'm not backing up until I'm accurate there. I definitely like pinch grip, but I realized I can shoot thumb supported if the wire frame begins to make a hot spot on my thumb. Thanks again!
Charles

·
Registered
127 Posts
You'll love the tarus, reminds me of a ruger Lcp..........

I like the precise .7 or the .6......

You can get plenty speed w/ tapers 5/8" down to 1/4"..

'Believe lighter draw weight around 6 pounds helps improve accuracy over heavier banding.

I've come to prefer 5/16" over 3/8" steel... enjoy..........

·
Registered
249 Posts
You'll love the tarus, reminds me of a ruger Lcp..........
I like the precise .7 or the .6......
You can get plenty speed w/ tapers 5/8" down to 1/4"..
'Believe lighter draw weight around 6 pounds helps improve accuracy over heavier banding.
I've come to prefer 5/16" over 3/8" steel... enjoy..........
I've mostly been shooting Precise .7 bands from PP, tapered 20/12 at around 400%. Very comfortable draw weight. I really like the bands, but they come with a tiny pouch. I've switched to my own thin laminated leather pouches cut 55 x 18mm. Much more comfortable ????. Regarding ammo size, would you stick with 5/16" if you were practicing for squirrel eradication? Thanks.
Charles

Would the Taurus remind you similarly to a Glock 26/27 or 42/43 as well ?????

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are a couple of pics of the latest pouches I've made. I liked the single ply leather, but it was a bit too stretchy. These are 1.2 mm thick, made of thin deer hide and a super thin layer of a double sided suede we use for orthotics. Experimenting with sizes, but like the two larger ones better so far. They're cut by hand so they're not perfect.
Charles

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those look really nice. Very precise cuts.

Did you use a high powered laser, or do you have tiny elves with sharp swards? :rofl:
I use a "me" powered 45mm Olfa rotary cutter and a hole punch????. That's why they're not perfectly symmetrical. I make prosthetics and orthotics for a living so we have just about every material and weird tool you can think of.

Charles

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.