Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just watched a video on Graphene the other day. They showed some infused rubber and the first ting I thought was, "What is the stretch factor and rate of retraction?"
This something to keep an eye on.
I was reading they were trying to get the right mix, so it would not affect performance. More or less for desired results. Maybe just a little can be added, then maybe it can be cut and band life would be much higher. But maybe not forever bands. Just thinking how cool this would be, not to worry bands getting cut and scrapped by tree branch's and Bush's. Chucking large jagged rocks with out worry. Extreme tapering of bands man :)

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Makes me wonder. One issue I thought latex has is that it degrades with time because of the live proteins in it so if it is an infused latex how will they stop the degradation of the latex and keep the wonderful stretchiness.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Makes me wonder. One issue I thought latex has is that it degrades with time because of the live proteins in it so if it is an infused latex how will they stop the degradation of the latex and keep the wonderful stretchiness.
I was wondering the same, would it leave you with graphene net? Could you shoot the bands till they crack and crumble in your hands?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts