Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and couldn't find an old thread so I started this one.
1) Do you have an indoors range?
2) What's the distance?
3) do you only use it for inclement weather or all the time?
4) can I see it please?
Living in Hawaii is great and all but during hurricane season it rains almost constantly and I dont have an indoor range, so I pretty much dont shoot at that time. I would like to see how some of you deal with bad weather seasons.

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
Yes

Depends anything from 6-10m

Well most of the time (I live in an apartment so its ideal)

No :)

I shoot 4.5/6/9.5mm steel - but stick to mainly BB's and 6mm heavyweight airsoft usually. This way a curtain behind helps catch any wayward - or more likely pass throughs. I have used a cardboard box (printer paper) with a dowel and a old t-shirt. I have a lip taped to the front to help catch but esp. larger ammo will bounce just enough to end up on the floor. I have used a few targets (from milk bottle lids to cans) but usually an orange silicone spinner type I got free from dancing with orders. They work great but do find in cold weather they start to chip.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
My indoor catchbox is a Rubbermaid tote with two layers of t shirt (hung 3" apart), a carboard lip (3" tall), an LED lamp that plugs into the wall ($3, modded for ac plug) and it has a line across the inside with a 2 leather spinners. Theres also a can hanger tied in through the inside of the top that can be tucked away. The t shirts are kept from sliding toward the middle with small binder clips.

Or if you want something that can also be taken outside, here's something I threw together a little while back:

https://slingshotforum.com/topic/118936-mobile-catchbox-stealth-edition/?hl=catchbox

Whatever you decide on happy building & even happier shooting!

Reactions: bingo
1 - 6 of 6 Posts