Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
120 Posts
Nice to see new UK collectors on this forum. The numbers and letters in the small circles on some Milbros I have always assumed are mould identification marks from different moulds, other than that I don't think they have any significance. They seem to be predominantly found on the second to last type of Milbro forks which roughly coensides with the 1960s. Milbro forks mostly come in three main shape types , four if you include different lettering styles. As far as I know the unusual shape of the 'Offsets' lower handle is unique and not found on any other version.

· Registered
120 Posts
Hello Lee, I'm guessing you probably bought the one on Ebay last week that went for a high price. I did not pay much attention to it because I already have some but don't worry it looked genuine enough from the photographs. You ask about weight, here are three types of Milbro forks, no1 ( like you have just bought ) is light weight, no2 type is also usually light weight while no3 type is a lot heavier. Milbro did change the metal used over the years. This could have been for extra strength or it could be connected with the shortages of various metals following WW2. The forks in this photograph ( from the top down ) roughly equate to 1950s, 1960s and 1970s up to 1982. This is not strictly accurate but is a good general guide to age.

Attachments

· Registered
120 Posts
Seeing a rare fork and having to get it is certainly the sign of a true collector. Good luck finding one of the small italics frames they do turn up occasionally but are rare. I should mention there are a few other rare Milbro variants out there. If you are ever in my area you are welcome to see my collection, many of them appear on the pages of this vintage forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.