Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has been studying this "Integrated band set" for two years, and recently, it's been basically successful.It replaced the traditional leather pouch with a latex pouch on itself,which can hold various kinds of ammo, such as 6.35 mm to 12 mm steel.The advantage of "Integrated band set" includes lighter weight, faster speed and longer service life.However,most taper sizes of this new band set are suitable for target shooting at present in China, and we are listening to more foreign shooters to make hunting integrated band set (thicker and wider taper I think) , all comments are welcomed.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
A friend of mine has been studying this "Integrated band set" for two years, and recently, it's been basically successful.It replaced the traditional leather pouch with a latex pouch on itself,which can hold various kinds of ammo, such as 6.35 mm to 12 mm steel.The advantage of "Integrated band set" includes lighter weight, faster speed and longer service life.However,most taper sizes of this new band set are suitable for target shooting at present in China, and we are listening to more foreign shooters to make hunting integrated band set (thicker and wider taper I think) , all comments are welcomed.
Thats some space age looking stuff right there! Very cool Ill be keeping my eyes open for the hunting bandsets, I love the innovation keep it up! :)

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
I'm trying to wrap my mind around the faster speed/lighter weight claim. How much lighter and how much increase in speed? Also, how many shots per band set? It's interesting though, in some sense a pouch is a pouch. A major change in design is fine as long as it makes sense. What I would be interested in is how to cut tapered bands with a pouch like this and then how well do they hold up.

Is indexing an issue?

·
Banned
1,927 Posts
I doubt they will come untied at the pouch or breaking at the pouch band tie location. It will be interesting to read the results of the two year testing period. Be prepared for lots of negative comments from those who can't step outside the confines of tradition, no matter how great this may prove to be.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm trying to wrap my mind around the faster speed/lighter weight claim. How much lighter and how much increase in speed? Also, how many shots per band set? It's interesting though, in some sense a pouch is a pouch. A major change in design is fine as long as it makes sense. What I would be interested in is how to cut tapered bands with a pouch like this and then how well do they hold up.
Is indexing an issue?
The weight claim would be because the latex is presumably lighter than a leather or synthetic pouch and its attachment points. The lighter weight would correspond to a slight speed increase using a given band and ammo setup. Band life improvements would similarly depend on the frame used, the ammo choice, and the elongation factor.

Generally, many of these claims may have merit, but providing exact numbers (like how many shots, or how much fps increase, etc) is impossible to do accurately without providing a ton of other information, which would require tons of testing.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Is indexing an issue?
The weight claim would be because the latex is presumably lighter than a leather or synthetic pouch and its attachment points. The lighter weight would correspond to a slight speed increase using a given band and ammo setup. Band life improvements would similarly depend on the frame used, the ammo choice, and the elongation factor.

Generally, many of these claims may have merit, but providing exact numbers (like how many shots, or how much fps increase, etc) is impossible to do accurately without providing a ton of other information, which would require tons of testing.
I'm a guy that has cut hundreds of bands of varying lengths widths and tapers. I've cut hundreds of pouches as well and used a number of different leathers and pouch designs. - So, when someone says they have a new and better idea I'm all over it. My interest lies in the bands ease of construction and increase in velocity and durability. My problem is that the weight of a pouch, plus the folded rubber at the pouch and attachment string are probably a bit heavier than the latex pouch and the pouch "stiffener" but it's hard to know how significant it is.

Theory is fine. What does a chrono say about speed? A dozen shots from comparable band/pouch combinations will tell us most of what we need to evaluate their performance and a hundred shots will give us a baseline for durability. If the "Integrated Band Sets" have been tested for two years then I have to presume that testing would include chrono readings and some kind of durablility report.

winnie

·
Aimstinctivist
774 Posts
Might be the change in dynamics that accounts for the speed bump Doc, with this innovation the pouch is also a propellant. The cone effect it must create when you draw is like having an additional Pocket Shot as your pouch- a taper within a taper. Ingenious. I'd love to try them.

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
This idea has been around - I briefly experimented with it in the 90's, so did Wingshooter. Neither of us had the luxury of a molded pouch cup so the idea wasn't viable.

The 'Integrated band set' looks promising, it may solve more than one problem ... a quantum leap.

I'd like to see a smaller target version, just for .177 BBs and 6.35mm.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
This idea has been around - I briefly experimented with it in the 90's, so did Wingshooter. Neither of us had the luxury of a molded pouch cup so the idea wasn't viable.

The 'Integrated band set' looks promising, it may solve more than one problem ... a quantum leap.

I'd like to see a smaller target version, just for .177 BBs and 6.35mm.

I thought the same thing, some reason seems like like this would work best with smaller ammo.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I imagine a small pocket press formed into the latex will always be lighter than cutting a small sectional and adding something with two ties no matter how you slice it.
RTS would be a concern of mine also.
That was exactly my first thought. I've noticed latex sticking together far to often. Secondly how could it be lighter than a small micro-fiber target pouch?

Reactions: 3danman

·
Super Moderator
6,683 Posts
That modification has been around since at least 1964. The Blackhawk Slingshot from the American Slingshot company in Toledo Ohio came with those pouch incorporated bands. I thought it was a good idea but it never went anywhere. The Chinese are really into slingshots and experimentation so they may make this design work. Could have some real possibilities.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts