Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Introducing the latest addition to the Maxim family of slingshots from FlippinOut, the Maxim Champ.

This slingshot is the result of a collaboration between Rayshot and myself. Ray is extremely fond of small slingshots and began tweaking the Maxim design to accommodate his preferred style. Ultimately this is a scaled down Maxim Tactical, but with some slightly different curves within the handle section to provide a secure grip in an adult sized hand without the need for palmswells.
The resultant slingshot shot so well for Ray that he decided to win the 2012 East Coast Slingshot Tournament with it!! Thus, it is called the "Champ".

Yes, it is small, but not so small that it is not comfortable for the average male hand. And as an added bonus it is a perfect sized slingshot for kids and ladies. Here are a few variations of the Champ and a few photos showing the difference in size between the Champ and the Maxim Tactical

and since I can't seem to make just an ordinary slingshot, here is a Champ that has been pimped
Paper Phenolic, C-Tech and mosaic pins

and to see it compared to the original Maxim Tactical

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
like the pins you have used Nathan, adds a nice touch. Been trying to get some myself for a while but they are £12 for about 3", just too expensive.

They are both real nice slingshots

·
Super Genius
337 Posts
these look fantastic!!

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
Nice Nathan, looks like a downsized Chalice. Great design. Good luck with it.
Philly

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Man, the cool factor on those is stratospheric! Look good with your Harley gear, yeah!

... Hey, there's an idea, Nathan. Why don't you contact Harley Davidson and see if you can cut a deal to make official H. D. slingshots? What the heck? They make H.D. knives and stuff...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.