Slingshots Forum banner

Introducing 'THOR' from FlippinOut Slingshots

7K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  face.xD 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A dedicated Hammer grip slingshot has been a consistent request of the fans of FlippinOut Slingshots for many months now. After many, many inadequate prototypes and failed attempts, we have finally arrived upon a Hammer Grip design that is deserving of the inaugural place as the first in the FlippinOut Slingshots lineup.

Introducing the "THOR" hammer grip slingshot

The 'Thor' can be made from any material offered at FlippinOut Slingshots and can be built with the new 3G fork tips or simply a dedicated TTF or OTT fork configuration.

The 'Thor' has been designed, just like all FlippinOut Slingshots, around the golden ratio for a very balanced look and feel. Sporting the classic FlippinOut full palmswell, the 'Thor' is built to feel as though it is an extension of the hand. The narrow waist combined with the full palm allows a comfortable and repeatable grip, providing consistency from shot to shot. It can also be shot fork supported quite comfortably as well.

The 'Thor' is now available at FlippinOut Slingshots on a custom order basis. The pricing is dependent upon the desired materials with models in SpectraPly and DymaLux starting at $59.95 plus shipping.

As with any FlippinOut Slingshot, this model can be custom built to your specifications. Need a lanyard, carbon fiber core, micarta palmswell, your favorite wood???? No problem!! The possibilities are only limited by your imagination- if you can dream it, we can build it! Just contact me to get started at: flip@flippinoutslingshots.com

See less See more
#3 ·
The colored multiplex is a manufactured product I purchase. It is yellow birch that has been dyed and then bonded with phenolic resins under extreme pressure. The result is a wood that is extremely durable and very beautiful. I offer several colors of this wood.

#6 ·
That's very cool. I'd love to see it in a lineup with your standard axiom and omega frames to get a "handle" on the size.

Love the name to but can't help remembering a very old punchline that goes

"Thore? You think you're Thore? I couldn't walk for Three dayths!"

#13 ·
ooooooohhh puurty :drools:

If I could import them into Oz I'd place an order.. As I can't I will content myself with staring at it on the screen :)

Also.. I think I remember a certain custom firearm workshop that has the same motto about building anything u can dream?

Jay :)

#14 ·
If I could import them into Oz I'd place an order.. As I can't I will content myself with staring at it on the screen :)
You can, no problem at all. I have one of Flipp's creations on its way to my doorstep as I type.

Customs is regulated by federal law which is different to each states laws. The only slingshot customs will stop you from importing is one with a wrist brace. In the last month alone I have received slingshots from the UK, US, Hong Kong and China. Customs did not even open the packages.

Happy ordering

#15 ·
Here are a few 'Thor' models that are ready to go. They are made from DymaLux, phenolic impregnated plywood/multiplex and feature various hardwoods for palmswells. They are finished in the FlippinOut Standard two-part conversion varnish finish for lasting durability and protection. Each slingshot comes fitted with single theraband gold flatbands and the premium bonded leather, SuperSure Products pouch.

These are not yet available on the website(www.flippinoutslingshots.com) if you are interested in purchasing or have questions, send me a PM or email at:

flip@flippinoutslingshots.com

#16 ·
Nobody does it better! Nathan Rocks!!! Wonderful piece Buddy! Flatband

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.