Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Oh wow! What a tremendous honor. It isn't every day that a master craftsman picks your design -- and names it for you too!
Thank you so much, Tom. What a great job you did with this slingshot -- and ash, too! It's beautiful and I will certainly treasure this above any in my collection.
I thank you again in all humility for this gift, BunnyBuster. You're the best!

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Boy oh boy. Let's see. . . I was feeling bad about Tom and I getting out a design just as the guys over at USA Slingshots were about to release one that was closely designed, and thereby stepping on their toes. I never even thought about anybody copying anybody else. All I said to Dan and the guys was that I felt lousy if this release was going to mess up their effort -- because it would look too much like what Tom and I made. That's all. No controversy. Somehow that got misconstrued into somebody possibly copying somebody else.
If Tom doesn't want make any more, then that's up to him. I think he probably has good reasons for his decision.
I posted that pattern under the title, "A pattern 4 U". That meant the collective "YOU", i.e. all forum members. Tom let a month go by and no one responded. So he -- unnecessarily -- asked me if I minded if he put it into his product line. Since I posted the pattern uncopyrighted on a public forum, I actually do not have a right, as far as I know, to say no to anybody who wants to use it. And I won't. If anyone else on this forum thinks it ought to be produced for sale, then go ahead. No one is going to stop you.
In the meantime, me and Henry are gonna get a heck of a rare collector's item, aren't we?

In closing, I'd like to express my regrets to Tom for this crash and burn. Sorry, pal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.