Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
BTW, Bill just PMed me to check whether I was saying he had copied USAslingshots' design. I'll post my PM response to him below with apologies for the stress from my poorly worded post:

"Noooo, not at all and I apologize for being accidentally ambiguous. I was almost pre-apologizing for making what looks just like a copy of yours before it comes out.

What happened was last week(?) one of the boys said in the chatroom that they wanted me to cut them a steel core and sent me a design. It was basically the same but too skinny to be usable. Nevertheless I converted it into vector art and sent it to them for approval but they insisted I made my own changes. I widened the design and made it more holdable and in the process accidentally duplicated your design. I cut it and shipped at the end of this week. It's not exactly the same as yours, having a steel core, black spacers and nickel bolts and I hear the boys will put dyed corian on it, but it's so close that it's improbably that it wasn't influenced by your design.

I don't remember your design in question and the boys never mentioned it, but quite probably we were impressed by it and it seeped into our unconscious memory.

I'll copy this into the thread to clear up and ambiguity in my original post."

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Aaargh. That's such a waste. There's no controversy; Bill misinterpreted my badly written post and I've tried to explain in detail it's us that are embarrassed to have put together such a similar slingshot by accident.

If you don't make these then the market will be denied a slingshot that I know to be very comfortable and controllable with low wrist torque. It's an elegant looking design too.

If you don't mind the lads making theirs, which is a similar profile, but a different construction and materials (plastic, composite, steel) and no doubt a very different level of fit and finish to yours then I am sure buyers will perceive them as very different products.

I for one would love to buy a couple; one for myself to shoot and one for the boys so they can see the quality a master can produce.

Please make this a production design!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.