Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
Hi Folks.
This is a new fork offered by T&D Bunnybuster Slingshots.
A design by Dayhiker , on this forum .
I have asked his permission to use his design, and it is a go.
So...This is the first prototype, and it will be his.
They will all be numbered in a series, with a qualifiying certificate.
I have shot this prototype extensively, and I must tell you that it is an excellent, and accurate slingshot.
I know Dayhiker likes Ash ...so I made this one from tight grain Ash, being kiln dried stuff.
This fork...from now on , will be called ``The Dayhiker``
I hope you all like it.
Tom
aka. bunnybuster

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
Ok...
Well...
I think I can make these nice shooters so everyone can have one if they like it.
I plan on putting some up on my website.
Right now I am going to make some of Ash..and Hickory. Very strong, American hardwood.
I managed to aquire some premium wood of these types, with a tight grain, to do justice to any boardcut slingshot.
Bill..(dayhiker) ..He gets #1 in the series..and #2 is going to be mine

PM me for interest in one of these beauties.
Tom

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
amazing, i love it. will you make it in laminate?
Hi Evan
I think I want to keep these little ergo slingshots using Boardcut, American Hardwoods.
And...I will make them with traditional Gum Rubber Flatbands.
The nice thing about these ergo`s , is that they are ambidextrous...so no matter what hand you hold with...they fit just as nice.
Tom

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
oohh man.. that one looks great Tom...
great job on the design Too, Dayhiker... i still didn't see how much they were, so depending on price, i may have to look into one...
looks like a nice, comfortable shooter...
Hi Mike,
I have these up on my website.
They are modestly priced so everyone can afford one.
Tom

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Good job Tom and Dayhiker. It would only be right for the two of you to get together and produce something nice like this.

Tom I like how you have found your favorite elastic and stuck with it through thick and thin. When I see something you've made I know what it is going to be strapped up with. I like to try different strengths and so on but from now on I have found what I will be sticking with and while it is neither flat nor gum rubber you have my agreement and respect for using the old-school gum rubber. I'm certain Rufus Hussey would approve heartily.

Dayhiker, now it's time for you to make your Boston Blacky in the camo laminate like Fish did with the Hunter (and then send it to me).
You know...
I have tried all kinds of different eleastics from tubes to latex, and excercise band material. I find the gum rubber is durable and fast. my 1/2 inch setups will launch a 3/8
lead ball at an average of 194fps. That is with a 29 inch draw with 8 inches between the pouch and forks. A few weeks ago, I took a rabbit at 28yds, and the ball went completely through it....he.....(buck),sure tasted great on the bbq.
So, to me, the old school rubber, works for just fine.

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well,
There seems to be a controversy over dayhiker, and me making slingshots of his design.
Ok then...I will only make @..one for him..and one for me.
So be it.
I Have plenty more of my own designs to keep up with.
So..controversy over.
Tom aka. bunnybuster

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hi folks
no hard feelings from me.
As Bill said, his design is for everyone. I dont feel right about marketing his design.
I know a good design when I see one.
My bunnybusters are all my own design, and I am proud of them. They have shipped all over the USA and most parts of the world.
No need for anyone to feel bad about anything regarding the ``dayhiker`` slingshot.
It was a mistake on my part to market them.
If I could afford to make them for free, I would, so everyone could check them out.
But I can`t.
So now, I have some premium Ash that I plan on making a run of widowmakers with.
The widowmaker slingshot is what helped bunnybuster to get known in the slingshot world.
Yesterday, I made #50 of the series..and I am going to put it on my webstore.
Here is a picture of it ...a hard maple center..with yellowheart for the sides.
Your friend,
Tom
aka. bunnybuster

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.