Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Resigned
1,100 Posts
Good job Tom and Dayhiker. It would only be right for the two of you to get together and produce something nice like this.

Tom I like how you have found your favorite elastic and stuck with it through thick and thin. When I see something you've made I know what it is going to be strapped up with. I like to try different strengths and so on but from now on I have found what I will be sticking with and while it is neither flat nor gum rubber you have my agreement and respect for using the old-school gum rubber. I'm certain Rufus Hussey would approve heartily.

Dayhiker, now it's time for you to make your Boston Blacky in the camo laminate like Fish did with the Hunter (and then send it to me).

· Resigned
1,100 Posts
Oh boy, this is sad. But I respect Tom's decision.

DH, you said I wouldn't like your Boston Blacky made up in camo laminate as it wouldn't take the cadenas. Bollocks I say! It is but a simple matter to add tabs to such a design, especially an over-the-top shooter. The first gypsy tabs slingshots I made were conversions of Theragold shooters fitted with the leather tabs.

I don't like exact copies of intellectual materials, but in Slingshot World there are only so many ways to design a fork and handle. With as many people working on this daily and worldwide there are bound to be similarities. Note that I said "similarities" which isn't an excuse for outright theft of intellectual property.

I know DH to be an honorable man and Tom is, too. I don't like the way this one ended up but respect all parties. I don't think anyone meant anyone any harm or slight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.