Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
oohh man.. that one looks great Tom...
great job on the design Too, Dayhiker... i still didn't see how much they were, so depending on price, i may have to look into one...
looks like a nice, comfortable shooter...

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
great job on the design Too, Dayhiker... i still didn't see how much they were, so depending on price, i may have to look into one...
Hi Mike,
I have these up on my website.
They are modestly priced so everyone can afford one.
Tom

·
Resigned
1,100 Posts
Good job Tom and Dayhiker. It would only be right for the two of you to get together and produce something nice like this.

Tom I like how you have found your favorite elastic and stuck with it through thick and thin. When I see something you've made I know what it is going to be strapped up with. I like to try different strengths and so on but from now on I have found what I will be sticking with and while it is neither flat nor gum rubber you have my agreement and respect for using the old-school gum rubber. I'm certain Rufus Hussey would approve heartily.

Dayhiker, now it's time for you to make your Boston Blacky in the camo laminate like Fish did with the Hunter (and then send it to me).

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Good job Tom and Dayhiker. It would only be right for the two of you to get together and produce something nice like this.

Tom I like how you have found your favorite elastic and stuck with it through thick and thin. When I see something you've made I know what it is going to be strapped up with. I like to try different strengths and so on but from now on I have found what I will be sticking with and while it is neither flat nor gum rubber you have my agreement and respect for using the old-school gum rubber. I'm certain Rufus Hussey would approve heartily.

Dayhiker, now it's time for you to make your Boston Blacky in the camo laminate like Fish did with the Hunter (and then send it to me).
You know...
I have tried all kinds of different eleastics from tubes to latex, and excercise band material. I find the gum rubber is durable and fast. my 1/2 inch setups will launch a 3/8
lead ball at an average of 194fps. That is with a 29 inch draw with 8 inches between the pouch and forks. A few weeks ago, I took a rabbit at 28yds, and the ball went completely through it....he.....(buck),sure tasted great on the bbq.
So, to me, the old school rubber, works for just fine.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,443 Posts
Nice BB!! For the record.... "I LIKE OLD SCHOOL!!!"

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,249 Posts
Nice BB!! For the record.... "I LIKE OLD SCHOOL!!!"
I love the way all of the Site Vendors compliment each others' work, I think it's indicative of the wonderful community we have here!

·
Super Moderator
5,072 Posts
Hi Mike,
I have these up on my website.
They are modestly priced so everyone can afford one.
Tom
[/quote]

$20.00? Plus $5.00 shipping? $25.00 TOTAL? That's it?

I just sent you $25.00 via PayPal so I can get one before you regain your senses.
Seriously, that is one heck of a bargain.

Henry

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
BTW, Bill just PMed me to check whether I was saying he had copied USAslingshots' design. I'll post my PM response to him below with apologies for the stress from my poorly worded post:

"Noooo, not at all and I apologize for being accidentally ambiguous. I was almost pre-apologizing for making what looks just like a copy of yours before it comes out.

What happened was last week(?) one of the boys said in the chatroom that they wanted me to cut them a steel core and sent me a design. It was basically the same but too skinny to be usable. Nevertheless I converted it into vector art and sent it to them for approval but they insisted I made my own changes. I widened the design and made it more holdable and in the process accidentally duplicated your design. I cut it and shipped at the end of this week. It's not exactly the same as yours, having a steel core, black spacers and nickel bolts and I hear the boys will put dyed corian on it, but it's so close that it's improbably that it wasn't influenced by your design.

I don't remember your design in question and the boys never mentioned it, but quite probably we were impressed by it and it seeped into our unconscious memory.

I'll copy this into the thread to clear up and ambiguity in my original post."

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
BTW, Bill just PMed me to check whether I was saying he had copied USAslingshots' design. I'll post my PM response to him below with apologies for the stress from my poorly worded post:

"Noooo, not at all and I apologize for being accidentally ambiguous. I was almost pre-apologizing for making what looks just like a copy of yours before it comes out.

What happened was last week(?) one of the boys said in the chatroom that they wanted me to cut them a steel core and sent me a design. It was basically the same but too skinny to be usable. Nevertheless I converted it into vector art and sent it to them for approval but they insisted I made my own changes. I widened the design and made it more holdable and in the process accidentally duplicated your design. I cut it and shipped at the end of this week. It's not exactly the same as yours, having a steel core, black spacers and nickel bolts and I hear the boys will put dyed corian on it, but it's so close that it's improbably that it wasn't influenced by your design.

I don't remember your design in question and the boys never mentioned it, but quite probably we were impressed by it and it seeped into our unconscious memory.

bill, you and tom probably had the design in the making for a few weeks. if anything i have copied you. like dan said, they are not exactly the same and i am fine with it as long as u or tom dont feel like i am copying you guys. all in all its a great design and im sure it will sell very well

·
Banned
850 Posts

bill, you and tom probably had the design in the making for a few weeks. if anything i have copied you. like dan said, they are not exactly the same and i am fine with it as long as u or tom dont feel like i am copying you guys. all in all its a great design and im sure it will sell very well

[/quote]If anybody's it is Dayhiker's design. I asked if I could build it and possibly sell it, he said it was free for the public to use. No one is copying anybody but him, as that's the originator of the design, at least as far as we have seen. I can see influences from others as well here too. This could go on and on. It's a fork, not a 100-mile-per gallon carburetor. If you want it to be special so you can sell more quantity or gain more profit per sale, build it like Jim Harris, or use exotic wood, G10, micarta, or alien flying saucer metal. Or sell it fer cheap as bunnybuster is doing, but in the end, it's just a fork.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,013 Posts
Oh wow Dayhiker, you made me laugh with that response ! I think if Tom thought it was worthy to make some up then it really is quite an honor for you and must make you feel very warm and fuzzy inside.

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well,
There seems to be a controversy over dayhiker, and me making slingshots of his design.
Ok then...I will only make @..one for him..and one for me.
So be it.
I Have plenty more of my own designs to keep up with.
So..controversy over.
Tom aka. bunnybuster

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.