Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
hi all!

I'm here again to present you a nice little fork, I worked last weekend.

As you can see, is very similar to the "little lupe" shown earlier.

only this has the teeth a bit longer ... something like but with a diferent file-work... and a diferent color... aniway

so i make this hole, kinda similar to those of the outstanding pieces made by the brand A + ... just to give a try to the "pinky-safe" ergonomics

also used a halftone-halfink to avoid reaching the brownish-orange, which is characteristic of this wood.

reaching a muddy muzg chocolate ... medium green ... or something like that.

I hope you will enjoy this "GOTHIC-LUPE " ... cause i really love it!!

(please coment!)

P1020073.jpg?t=1289930424

P1020072.jpg?t=1289930449

P1020069.jpg?t=1289930475

P1020070.jpg?t=1289930502

P1020078.jpg?t=1289930542

P1020076.jpg?t=1289930687

·
Registered
606 Posts
Great looking board cut and can you tell me what you used to finish her please

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after the color proces... just linseed oil... and 2000 grits sandpaper... and sweat... and tears... and kung-fu
... and before that, a mix of beeswax, turpetine and more linseed oil... its some kind of shoes wax, but more powerful!!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Orale Chaneke,
Nice fork, you really know how to work wood either a natural or as this case a board. Great work!!
Orale Arqui,
Te quedo bien chida la horqueta, no le hace que sea natural o en tabla, tienes buena mano para las resorteras. excelente trabajo. Pudieras traducirme el proceso que describes arriba?? Saludos,
Xidoo,

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Good looking slingshot.

I really love that dark rustic like finish.....

Cheers - John

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Hasta en el color le andas pegando carnal, pos la pequeña Lupe sí es algo morenita jajajaja!

Muy bien lograda Bro! impecables tus cunetas para el amarre.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you going to use over-the-top style? If so, the fork tips are not round enough, the bands full corrode very quickly on the tips. The tips of my first few slingshots looks just like yours, and the band damage is downright annoying.
believe me! the caps work great, so far no band has snaps on me.

there is no sharp edges at the tips.

but now that you mention it, I've been thinking seriously about changing the type of finish at the tips of my forks, because the tying method I use involves spending a lot of waxed thread ... I tried to use the ruber band method as a quick tie but I dont like the result.

I appreciate your comment, and it will be always taked in consideration when i do the finish cuts on the tips of my forks.

cheers!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tanks to all my good old compadres xidoo, chepo, hics, mxred91, hunter gatherer, baneofsmallgame. thank you all!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.