Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an international or regional "Slingshot Day"? If not, can we make one up? It seems I see a lot of things on social media for days like "Hot Dog Day" or "Star Wars Day". If there is an existing "Slingshot Day" let's spread the word. If not, let's decide on a significant date we can use.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Is there an international or regional "Slingshot Day"? If not, can we make one up? It seems I see a lot of things on social media for days like "Hot Dog Day" or "Star Wars Day". If there is an existing "Slingshot Day" let's spread the word. If not, let's decide on a significant date we can use.
Me and my son shoot and build every Sunday we call it 'Slingshot Sunday' lol & we rarely miss it.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
To paraphrase my mother, the late Lady Raja of Percifault, "Every day is slingshot day." I make an effort to honor dear late mama's memory by shooting at least once a day. Although she had difficulty with slingshots (I fear that the late Lady Raja was cross-eye dominant) she was a holy terror with a sling and would often send the servants scurrying back to their tasks with a well-placed orange or perhaps an overly ripe persimmon.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
To paraphrase my mother, the late Lady Raja of Percifault, "Every day is slingshot day." I make an effort to honor dear late mama's memory by shooting at least once a day. Although she had difficulty with slingshots (I fear that the late Lady Raja was cross-eye dominant) she was a holy terror with a sling and would often send the servants scurrying back to their tasks with a well-placed orange or perhaps an overly ripe persimmon.
Lool BR that made me smile.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The vernal equinox (first day of Spring) falls in March, as does Hank Ketcham's (the creator of Dennis the Menace) birthday. I vote for a day in mid to late March.

Once we agree, we should also contact the vendors and ask if they are willing to offer promotions and discounts. Of course, we also need the obligatory t-shirts and caps. Maybe get the scouting organizations involved.

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Guess it should be the first day of Northern Hemisphere spring. :)
Yep, March 21st gets my vote, it's the real New Years and the first full day of clothing optional outdoor shooting.

(Note to Julius Caesar - the yearly cycle doesn't begin in the dead of winter just because you said it does, patronizing the false god Janus).

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
On a similar topic... what about a slingshot forum patch.

We could use the logo and I could contact Patchtown patch makers.

We could all agree and the owners could grant permission... we source orders and funds...when we get enough people and cash for the quoted price (minimum order of 50) we placed tge order and someone mails 'em out.

And on Slingshot Day we post pics to celebrate with our flips, targets, and patches displayed!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
The vernal equinox (first day of Spring) falls in March, as does Hank Ketcham's (the creator of Dennis the Menace) birthday. I vote for a day in mid to late March.

Once we agree, we should also contact the vendors and ask if they are willing to offer promotions and discounts. Of course, we also need the obligatory t-shirts and caps. Maybe get the scouting organizations involved.
I wholly agree.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts