Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Amateur
2,533 Posts
The legendary generosity of Slingshot Forum members strikes again! Got a package from Canada on Saturday, and oh boy what a sweet treat it was! Not only did Shane send me the TreeMan / Island Made "Bishop" collaboration frame that I won in a giveaway, he sent me one of his brass Pocket Thumper models too!!

Let me tell you, the Bishop frame is even more impressive in person. Pictures (especially mine) don't do it justice. I really don't know how these guys matched angles and contours so perfectly and the amount of shaping and sculpting in the forks and the handle is just crazy to me. The beautiful dark ebonized natural fork and the purple anodized handle just go so well together. It really is a thing of beauty; a truly masterpiece level creation between two master craftsmen if there ever was one. It is certainly the prize of my modest collection and a frame that I will cherish forever.

The shaping and the mirror polish on the pocket thumper is also really impressive. It feels really good in the hand and it just seems to melt into a perfect, very solid grip. And man, this little thing is a deceivingly heavy frame for such a small shooter, but in a good way. It makes for a really stable solid hold. I haven't had a chance to band either up yet with all the craziness the last few days, but I can tell just in the way they hold, they are both great shooters. Once it warms up a bit the pocket thumper is going straight into my rotation of every day shooters.

Thanks again Treeman and Island Made!! You guys rock!!

Drinkware Wood Tool Font Bridal shoe

Hand Musical instrument Plant Finger Gesture

Plant Human body Purple Gesture Kitchen utensil

Hand Gesture Wood Natural material Magenta

Gesture Finger Thumb Nail Wood

Leg Purple Gesture Finger Plant

Hand Finger Wood Tool Nail

Gesture Finger Thumb Nail Eyewear

Gesture Thumb Finger Nerve Bicycle part

Attachments

·
Amateur
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enjoy buddy:) that pocket thumper is well used. It's been my edc for about a year and a half I think. It's the first pocket thumper I ever made. That thing has taken a lot of game and seen a ton of bandsets.
I can absolutely tell it is a well loved frame. It found a great new home here in the swamps of southeast Louisiana where it will continue to be used and loved for many years to come. To know it was one of your personal edc frames and the first of it's kind just makes it all the more special.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.